Wikiposts

Problems with DM website

Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:28 pm
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Problems with DM website

Originally Posted by Leslie
Oh, and to answer your original question, that site is always slow. If I browse the DM site while at work it will ALWAYS lock up my computer.
Well thats what you get for reading the Daly Fail I mean Daly Mail Web Site.
I don't like the Daly Fail I mean Daly Mail myself but I have nothing against people who like to read the Daly Mail. It's just too Depressing for my taste.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:32 pm
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Macca67
It's not the website. It's people like Fatbrit, elfman and LiW who spend all day on the site clogging it up so no-one else can get on, then pretending they hate it.

Oh Ok that is why the Daly Fail website is so slow.
Thanks for the info
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005
Well thats what you get for reading the Daly Fail I mean Daly Mail Web Site.
I don't like the Daly Fail I mean Daly Mail myself but I have nothing against people who like to read the Daly Mail. It's just too Depressing for my taste.
Please see post #9.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005

Oh Ok that is why the Daly Fail website is so slow.
Thanks for the info
My, you certainly do roll around on the floor laughing a lot.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Rather disconcerting isn't it.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

This is interesting.

A couple weeks ago this happened to me:

My home computer was running fine, I clicked on a DM link somebody posted here and within that link I clicked on something else (probably a celebrity teaser on the side but I honestly don't remember) and my computer was instantly attacked. I was kicked off the internet, I could not get back on, and anytime I clicked on explorer pop-ups would invade my screen. They were pop-ups that said they were from Microsoft (looked just like a Microsoft screen w/ logo etc) claiming to be the Microsoft anti-virus software, telling me that my computer was infected but my edition of the anti-virus software had expired and I needed to upgrade to the 2011 edition. An order screen (again with the Microsoft logo) with fields (name address credit card etc) popped up and I guess I was supposed to fill that in.

Anyway, I did a system restore and everything was fine. I called Microsoft and they said they had been getting calls about this malware/virus/whatever you call it, and it was definitely not from them.

The most interesting part was that it came from the Daily Mail website which I have previously visited and clicked around on many times.
This happens to me too - the anti virus pop up looks so real too - be very careful - only run the security you installed. It is happening frequently now on the DM website - I think I may have to upgrade to a better paper!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:23 am
Too young for BE

Yeah I do. I just got carried away with the Smilies.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Rather disconcerting isn't it.
It is very disconcerting to be rolling on the floor laughing.

How else are they going to know whose fat ass was seen at the beach?

Last edited by KetteringEnglandRocks2005; Aug 19th 2011 at 11:24 am. Reason: To remove the second just
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:32 am
Too young for BE

Originally Posted by katybluewater
This happens to me too - the anti virus pop up looks so real too - be very careful - only run the security you installed. It is happening frequently now on the DM website - I think I may have to upgrade to a better paper!
Good point you really do have to be careful about those anti virus pop ups that look so real. They can cause people a lot of problems. Those pop ups are really annoying aren't there. It is not just the DM website though. Many other web sites have them too which I hate.
You really should upgrade to a better paper
Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:59 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember, visiting The Daily Mail's website, gives your computer cancer.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Not all anti virus programs run spyware protection. Make sure your anti virus program is running spyware protection.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I would have hoped (in vain) that a big organisation such as the DM would have checked for viruses, spyware and other baddies on their website before opening it up to the public, and keep checking on it. I don't think it would be beyond their IT department, but, then again it probably is, knowing the DM.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:53 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by joto
I would have hoped (in vain) that a big organisation such as the DM would have checked for viruses, spyware and other baddies on their website before opening it up to the public, and keep checking on it. I don't think it would be beyond their IT department, but, then again it probably is, knowing the DM.
My thoughts exactly. How cheap.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Cat Whisperer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by katybluewater
Ya me three. Was a bugger to get rid of too.