Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Japan samurai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

What happened afterwards about 3188 airport way South LP?
Is there anyone know?
Old Jan 25th 2014, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

cazconnors is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody have news on the jay peak exit strategy phase 1.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:30 am
Just Joined

kslm2007a2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi cazconnors ,
I am also in Jay Peak, but Phase 2. 9 years wow? what is $21500 are you getting paid $21500 yearly and how much will you get when receiving back the investment? Based on your reply, I can atleast visualize the kind of exit strategy I may be getting few years from now!!!
We invested in 2010, got condition GC in September 2010 and got unconditional GCs in December 2012.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi ,yes its $21500 each january for nine years then $306000 in august of the ninth year hopefully.we initially invested in 2007 and should get the same amount $500000 back after in total 15 years, a long time to have money tied up .We didnt expect the exit strategy to be 9 years, although as some people said we are lucky to be getting our money back.not sure if it feels like that at the moment though.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi cazconnors,
$21500 x 9 = $193500 + $306000 = $499,500, still $500 short of $500,000. After 15 years, you are getting $500 short of your investment. I am just wondering the kind of exit strategy (if at all any) may be offered to phase 2 investors like me.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kslm2007a2
$21500 x 9 = $193500 + $306000 = $499,500, still $500 short of $500,000. After 15 years, you are getting $500 short of your investment.
Consider it the cost of your green card... seems pretty reasonable to me.

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2014, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi sorry it is a final payment of $306500.We came back to the UK after a year due to my husband's ill health,So we are in the UK waiting for something to happen.I know as some people say at least it's your money back and it is and for most a green card, I was just not expecting a 9 year exit strategy ,in total we will have invested $500000 for 15 years ,with a very,very minimal return .
Old Jan 26th 2014, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi cazconnors,
are you getting any quarterly payments for your investment, apart from the principle which you will be getting in each january for 9 years and $306500 in the 9th year?
Old Jan 26th 2014, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi ,no it looks like we no longer get the income from the hotel ,just the $21500
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

I have asked this question to a few people ,if we are phase 1 ,tram house lodge which is doing very nicely,bookings and income were increasing yearly, not that it makes any difference to us now as its locked in at $500000.00 and it still takes another 8 years to get a return,what is everyone else on the next phases going to get and when ? And why are they still selling eb5's in jay ,imagine how long it will be before everyone in jay sees anything from their investment.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazconnors
... imagine how long it will be before everyone in jay sees anything from their investment.
With respect, people don't invest in EB-5 schemes to get a return on their investment. They invest in order to effectively "buy" a US green card. That is the overarching goal... and any return on the investment is icing on the cake.

Ian
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

If this is the case as it seems to be in most eb5 cases ,it should be called buy a greencard ,not invest in America in order to get your greencard and the eb5 companies seem to do a good job of showing all prospective investors how their money will work and what the returns and final outcome will be, instead of saying give us $500000.00 and we'll get you a green card.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 12:41 am
Account Closed

... it should be called buy a greencard...
I don't disagree with you! The name is pretty much irrelevant!

Ian
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If this is the case as it seems to be in most eb5 cases ,it should be called buy a greencard ,not invest in America in order to get your greencard and the eb5 companies seem to do a good job of showing all prospective investors how their money will work and what the returns and final outcome will be, instead of saying give us $500000.00 and we'll get you a green card.
You noticed!

There is an EB5 scam scheme in Oregon that is investing in "green energy" and garbage recycling/ elimination. It has been running for over twenty years and has recently been working on its fourth "pilot plant". ..... Its web site brags about the investment being "as good as solid gold. Yeah, right!

In all EB5 schemes, if the investment potential was even half as good as EB5 "investors" were led to believe, don't you think that Wall St would be all over it? EB5 investors are getting scrapings from the bottom of the barrel, plus a green card.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

The thing is we only stayed in the US for 11 months so didn't even get our greencards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.