Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Old Aug 12th 2012, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice
Default Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
Ill post as soon as we hear anything

Regards

Alan
Hi Guys now been 6 weeks since RFE submitted and still nothing heard. Not sure if this is good or bad

Regards

Alan
Old Aug 12th 2012, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Alan,

It is terribly stressful waiting for the RFE decision. Mine is still outstanding on the I-526 (over 7 weeks) but yours must be even more annoying particularly as you are so close.

After 60 days you can contact USCIS service number so might be worth calling them in 18-20 days time , but hopefully you will have heard by then.

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
Hi Guys now been 6 weeks since RFE submitted and still nothing heard. Not sure if this is good or bad

Regards

Alan
Old Aug 12th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone wants it their email address is [email protected]
Old Aug 12th 2012, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ginstwin
Hi Alan,

It is terribly stressful waiting for the RFE decision. Mine is still outstanding on the I-526 (over 7 weeks) but yours must be even more annoying particularly as you are so close.

After 60 days you can contact USCIS service number so might be worth calling them in 18-20 days time , but hopefully you will have heard by then.
Hi many thanks your post I will get my immigration lawyer to contact them after 60 days if nothing heard and hopefully get a approval decision. If we get denied it has just all been a very expensive complete waste of time

I hope your I-526 approval comes through shortly as I know the program sunsets in September 2012 unless it gets extended once again. At the moment the entire EB-5 program just seems to be in a total mess

Regards
Alan
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Davidle66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan,

I read all of posts since beginning, I invest with amlife project 1016 1st Ave South, there are 24 investors on the Project 1016 and I am almost the last three people who invest on 1016. I got a conditional Green Card and live in CA since July 30, 2010. My attorney applied for my family I-829 last month and he told me that right now 1016 has only one tenant and the occupancy just 25%. He said that the USCIS may issue an RFE for my case and there is a opportunity that USCIS may denial the I-829 of my family even the change is so small ( but who knows?)
My Family and I were shock, I spent more than 1 million to set up my family life in the State, and my Daughter loves the school system. I don't know what happen for the investors like us if the I-829 is denied. Also we could not take back our money in the AMLIFE 100% and may lose more 50% value. I sold out all of my properties in my Country and move to the State.......

Please keep updating your I-829 result. I do hope you have good news to all of us.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Davidle66
1016 has only one tenant and the occupancy just 25%.
Its strange that Amlife would allow just one tenant in the building without reason. I wander if an economist has figures that demonstrate that the indirect jobs created during the building of the premises will suffice for everyone on that project to get visas. Also how many additional employees has that one tenant pulled in. If there are 24 investors you need about 240 direct or indirect employees altogether.

When I bought my commercial building in los angeles with part of my EB5 capital earlier this year I realized that paying for staff is just going to be a waste of resources. I have now decided to take the tenancy occupancy approach offering the building rent free and requiring a share of the profits and in just 4 days of advertising I have about 4 people who are very keen on taking up this opportunity in my chosen high unemployment area. So why wouldnt Amlife not just offer the place rent free for two years just to ensure everyone gets their visas??? USCIS are not interested in profitability of the business...and surely a share of any profits made is better than a share of nothing.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 411
So why wouldnt Amlife not just offer the place rent free for two years just to ensure everyone gets their visas??? USCIS are not interested in profitability of the business...and surely a share of any profits made is better than a share of nothing.
Excellent points. I would expect Am Life to be very active in finding a solution assuming there is an RFE.

As you say there are quite a few ways around this BUT i wonder if the reason Am Life wouldnt authorise rent free periods is because they get 25 % of the rent and profit. I think they are motivated to get I-526 approvals for their clients but perhaps not as motivated to get I-829 .
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ginstwin
Excellent points. I would expect Am Life to be very active in finding a solution assuming there is an RFE.

As you say there are quite a few ways around this BUT i wonder if the reason Am Life wouldnt authorise rent free periods is because they get 25 % of the rent and profit. I think they are motivated to get I-526 approvals for their clients but perhaps not as motivated to get I-829 .
I agree with this point and will have more to report about Amlifes handling of my I-829 and their present I-526 cases case once I hear the results of my own case . By the way they get 30% of the rental take which in my opinion is to high in the present economic conditions

Regards

Alan
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Davidle66
Hi Alan,

I read all of posts since beginning, I invest with amlife project 1016 1st Ave South, there are 24 investors on the Project 1016 and I am almost the last three people who invest on 1016. I got a conditional Green Card and live in CA since July 30, 2010. My attorney applied for my family I-829 last month and he told me that right now 1016 has only one tenant and the occupancy just 25%. He said that the USCIS may issue an RFE for my case and there is a opportunity that USCIS may denial the I-829 of my family even the change is so small ( but who knows?)
My Family and I were shock, I spent more than 1 million to set up my family life in the State, and my Daughter loves the school system. I don't know what happen for the investors like us if the I-829 is denied. Also we could not take back our money in the AMLIFE 100% and may lose more 50% value. I sold out all of my properties in my Country and move to the State.......

Please keep updating your I-829 result. I do hope you have good news to all of us.
As far as I know If you get denied your conditional LPR status is withdrawn on the day you get denied and then you are put in deportation proceedings by the immigration authorities and have to go in front of an immigration judge.

I asked my solicitor what percentage of cases are overturned by the immigration judges and he said that he could not find any details regarding this. America been America they probably just rubber stamp the immigration denial paperwork and chuck you out

All in all if they deny your petition you are screwed. It is even worse in my case as I work in Brazil every 5 weeks and thus will have great trouble getting back into the USA if denied

Does anyone have any experience of what happens in an I-829 denial case as would be nice to know from somebody who has actually gone through the process

Regards

Alan
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Everybody,
unbelievably my wife went to the mail box today and in it was a letter from Us immigration stating that our conditional conditions had been removed and that we were now full permanent residents of the USA. Our full 10 year green cards were also in with the letter

After nearly 3 years and 9 months worrying since the I-829 was submitted Im so glad that we have finally made it

Many thanks to all the support we have received from all of you and good luck with your visa aplications

Regards

Alan
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Well done, and well done to Amlife too!
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Alan,

that really is fantastic news for you and your wife.

I can only imagine how relieved you are, many congratulations.

We are still awaiting our RFE decision on our I-526 but hopeful of hearing something any day soon.

Well done

p.s i think you mean 3 years and 9 months since I-526 was submitted and not I-829 (i hope !!)
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

seems like conditions can get removed without a decision on the RFE.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Great news......congrats and enjoy!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Congatulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.