Forum Regular

411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

http://eb-5center.com/files/Tenant%2...2012%20pdf.pdf
Old May 12th 2012, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

ravidxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope this clarification sets at rest the confusions caused to various investors who got RFEs recently. Hope the adjudicating officers follow this note and process the pending applications. This clarifies clearly that if the employment creation model is approved at the I 924 stage, then the applicant investor is deemed to have fulfilled the required employment creation unless the project has undergone a significant change post its original I 924 approval. This should bring in a certainty in the adjudication proceedings. Let us wait and watch.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
Thanks to everybody for your support I will be returning baxck to my vessel in Brazil tomorriow so will not have any internet availability until my return in 5 weeks time. The latest is that it will be 30-45 days before the RFE response is ready for submitting to the USCIS

I will post more on my return

Best wishes and good luck to you all

Alan
Hi Everybody,
just returned back from Brazil last week and the 5 week visit dragged out to 12 weeks. the oil business is so fickle

Anyway to update things the RFE evidence was due into the USCIS on 28th June and Amlifes attorney Lincoln Stone got it to my attorney on the 27th June. It was shipped to california USCIS centre and got there on the 28th June. Needless to say I had a few stressful times in the dauys before it got delivered and a 70 dollar shipping bill

So now the 770 pages of evidence has been sent in so just a matter of keeping the fingers crossed and see what happens, I have been through all the documents with a keen eye and it all looks ok to me but I supposed I have a biased opinion, will just have to see what happens

Does anybody have any experience how long it takes the USCIS to respond to a RFE as ive been told it could be weeks or even months its just luck of the draw

Also I have an immigration letter that extends my greencard to Dec 2012 and my wifes to October 201. I belive I can get an info pass to visit the USCIS to get an extension put in my passport if we get to within 30 days of these dates. Does anybody know anything about the info pass system

All inn All just a bit sick of the entire process now and the constant worry but we have finally resigned ourselves to the fact that if denied it will not be the end of the world and there are plenty of other countries available to us to live in

Has anybody else from the 1531 Utah Ave partnership who looks at this site received a RFE

Regards

Alan
Old Jul 4th 2012, 2:04 am
Just Joined

hamham82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan we have invested in the same project (1531)with AMlife and we got RFE too! but our due date for answering USCIS is 2 months ahead ! so you are ahead of us
Our attorney review the 770 pages from Lincon and they have lots of question about it ,they concern that we may receive a second RFE from USCIS.
Personally i think AMlife just wants to buy time so they can provide real deal and contract .Now they are empty handed.
If you can let us Know about your USCIS response. It may take maximum one month.

Last edited by hamham82; Jul 4th 2012 at 3:21 am.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

So now the 770 pages of evidence
wow 770 pages!

We have heard nothing from USCIS.

Thanks for the update.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by hamham82
Hi Alan we have invested in the same project (1531)with AMlife and we got RFE too! but our due date for answering USCIS is 2 months ahead ! so you are ahead of us
Our attorney review the 770 pages from Lincon and they have lots of question about it ,they concern that we may receive a second RFE from USCIS.
Personally i think AMlife just wants to buy time so they can provide real deal and contract .Now they are empty handed.
If you can let us Know about your USCIS response. It may take maximum one month.

Has your attorney sent in your RFE response yet also what do you mean by"real deal and contract .Now they are empty handed"

Regards

Alan.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 9:40 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

So now the 770 pages of evidence has been sent in so just a matter of keeping the fingers crossed and see what happens, I have been through all the documents with a keen eye and it all looks ok to me but I supposed I have a biased opinion, will just have to see what happens
What does this 770 pages consist of? Sounds lengthy...

Does anybody have any experience how long it takes the USCIS to respond to a RFE
In the thread I started there was some info that might be relevant, some lawyer did an FOIA request and then came up with an analysis of the RFEs USCIS spit out.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Steve_

In the thread I started there was some info that might be relevant, some lawyer did an FOIA request and then came up with an analysis of the RFEs USCIS spit out.
Steve, can you point me to that thread please.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin you were subscribed to that thread about getting money back. I have attached the article FOIA I uploaded in that thread which I think steve is referring to. The problem was the tenancy occupation methodology, but as of late, real estate purchase costs will no longer be used in calculation of the job creation which further reduces the available visas from any project. USCIS should really apply their new rules to fresh projects and not retrospectively to existing ones. I envisage a class action.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RFE article.pdf (67.3 KB, 717 views)
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_

Hi the Rfe consists of just about everything and anything to do with the project including copy of leases from tennents in the building, Sworn statements from tennants as to how many employees they have. Full and comprehensive buisness plan for the full project, Comprehensive details regrding possible letting of the available space. Full time line documents for the building actual construction and costs involved.money and projects been undertaken for tennent improvement spaces New economist report on job creation which has gone up from 2100 in 2008 to 2400 today

You name it it is al in there as believe that the thing amlife is trying to prove is that it is an ongoing project with money still been spent in the millions and job creation is still ongoing

As our I-829 petitions wrre filed undr the EB-5 pilot program the jobs do not have to be created at the I-829 petition tiime but they must be substansative evidence that the job creation under a ponderance of evidence will be created within a reasonable time

Anyway will just have to wait and see what happens

Regards

Alan
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 411
ginstwin you were subscribed to that thread about getting money back. I have attached the article FOIA I uploaded in that thread which I think steve is referring to. The problem was the tenancy occupation methodology, but as of late, real estate purchase costs will no longer be used in calculation of the job creation which further reduces the available visas from any project. USCIS should really apply their new rules to fresh projects and not retrospectively to existing ones. I envisage a class action.
yes sorry i thought there was a new thread that i had missed.

I think the problem we are all facing is the economists are all on an academic field trip. Its all starting to get very difficult and is not what the govt intended in my opinion.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:42 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Sworn statements from tennants as to how many employees they have.
In one of those RFEs, USCIS wanted proof that the people being employed were US citizens or LPRs (to make sure at least ten jobs have been created), which would be illegal for the tenants to ask their employees under the provisions of ICRA, as USICS wanted actual proof, e.g. copy of their passport or LPR card.

This is how ridiculous the whole thing is.

My only real reason for wanting to do EB-5 was because I thought it would be a good investment with the USG breathing down their necks, I cannot believe just how entirely and completely wrong I was! As a Canadian I could just spend the money on property in Malibu or wherever and use anything left over to travel back and forth.

How does that enhance the US economy? Not much.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

New economist report on job creation which has gone up from 2100 in 2008 to 2400 today
Well this little section is enough to generate an additional 30 unconditional visas.
A while back I was worried about how they would deal with the exponential growth of approvals and I think thats what they are trying to do.
6weeks ago my attorney was more confident on an EB5, this week he says we are going for an L1 and then we will consider an EB1 or EB5 a year down the line.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

hamham82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan ,
Our attorney filed the " RFE" response a week ago (just 4 days before due date)
and now we just waiting for their decision , You know how stressful is this situation , So would you please inform us as soon as you hear anything from USCIS.
Hope this issue will be solved and you get the approval .

Cheers,
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hamham82
Hi Alan ,
Our attorney filed the " RFE" response a week ago (just 4 days before due date)
and now we just waiting for their decision , You know how stressful is this situation , So would you please inform us as soon as you hear anything from USCIS.
Hope this issue will be solved and you get the approval .

Cheers,
Ill post as soon as we hear anything

Regards

Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.