Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Problem with Medical for Immigrant Visa

Wikiposts

Problem with Medical for Immigrant Visa

Old May 1st 2003, 7:52 pm

Default Problem with Medical for Immigrant Visa

Hi Everyone!

My wife is a Nurse and she is being sponsored by a US hospital for I-
140 visa. The sponsor already received approval notice from INS and
soon we will be receiving Packet 3. Our problem is that my wife have
parotid and thyroid cancer at stage II. Will this be a problem later
on that will prevent us from migrating to US?
Please help. Thanks.

ENadela

Old May 1st 2003, 10:13 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

As far as I am aware if she will not become a burden on the state and her illness is not contagious or infectious (which cancer obviously isn't), she should be ok.

My elder son has B Cell ALL which is currently in remission. I was advised by an attorney that this would not prevent his immigrating to the US if he chose to do so at some later point. The biggest hurdle for us would be health insurance as many companies have varying exeptions for pre-exisitng conditions. My own carrier covers pre-existing after 1 year of coverage under the policy.

I presume her employer would be able to cover this for her?

I know that Federal employees and their families are guaranteed coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions and different states have different policies on insurance.