Probably a stupid question - esta

Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Phil999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Probably a stupid question - esta

Hi All

This is probably a stupid question but I want to ask it anyway...

If my wife has an L2 visa in her passport and has never been to the US before does she still need to complete the online ESTA application before she goes into the US?

Thanks

Phil
Old Sep 17th 2011, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

cyrus1341 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Probably a stupid question - esta

Originally Posted by Phil999
Hi All

This is probably a stupid question but I want to ask it anyway...

If my wife has an L2 visa in her passport and has never been to the US before does she still need to complete the online ESTA application before she goes into the US?

Thanks

Phil
Yes!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 9:30 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cyrus1341
Yes!
No!

If she wants to enter under L2 status, no need for ESTA. If she's going on vacation and wants to enter as a Waiver Visitor, then yes she should complete ESTA.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!
Wrong.

Ian
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!
Why do you think the answer is Yes?

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2011, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Why do you think the answer is Yes?

Rene
I was under the impression that ESTA was for all types of non immigirant visa but having looked again I realise I was wrong so sorry!
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that ESTA was for all types of non immigirant visa but having looked again I realise I was wrong so sorry!
Now you get it

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Now you get it

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

The answer depends upon what status the wife intends to enter the US as. If she is coming as a visitor on the visa waiver program -- she needs an ESTA. If she still qualifies for L-2 status and intends to enter in that status, the answer is no.