British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Premium processing for L1 visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/premium-processing-l1-visa-673018/)

coopa_troopa Jun 18th 2010 9:55 pm

Premium processing for L1 visa

Has anybody done a recent L1 visa application using premium processing?

Just interested to know how quickly you got a "yeah" or "nay" as I know someone who just sent in their application this week.

Did a search already, but looking for any very recent results.

Ta

Orangepants Jun 18th 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Premium processing for L1 visa

I know someone who submitted an O1 visa at 5pm on Thursday and received approval at 2pm Tuesday and that was this week :)

coopa_troopa Jun 18th 2010 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Orangepants (Post 8641906)
I know someone who submitted an O1 visa at 5pm on Thursday and received approval at 2pm the following Tuesday. :)

Thanks for that :)

Wonder if it's the same folks who process the L1 though? And if the application process is the same (not sure of the difference between O1 and L1)

Their service center is Vermont, by the way.

Orangepants Jun 18th 2010 10:18 pm

It was through Vermont too.

WailingSpouse Jun 19th 2010 12:59 pm

my husband's L1 came through this week after about 2.5 weeks (I'm not exactly sure when it was lodged as he is dealing with the US legal people so it might have been almost 3 weeks). It was via Vermont

hd44 Jun 19th 2010 2:31 pm

Mine was done in November just gone (so not that recent) but took 2 weeks for approval.

tht Jun 21st 2010 2:54 pm

Used premium for my L1 in Feb this year (Vermont), online it showed as received on the Monday, email notification of a change in status to approved came on Thursday PM the same week. I would assume that a fast turn around is dependent on all the right information being provided with teh appliaction.

tht

NatashaB Jun 21st 2010 4:00 pm

Yep, just got my husbands approval back last week - took 13 days from receipt of petition to approval.

coopa_troopa Jun 21st 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks all :)

The person concerned is watching his bank account online, waiting to see if his cheques have been cashed. Would the cheques being cashed be an indication that they are working on his case?

ian-mstm Jun 21st 2010 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa (Post 8647043)
Would the cheques being cashed be an indication that they are working on his case?

They are an indication only of the cheques being cashed.

Ian