Postponing embassy Interview

Old Jul 31st 2014, 10:15 am
researching since 2006

mad123dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Postponing embassy Interview

Hi,

My wife, daughter and myself have an Interview date of 28th August for our HB-3 visa but due to a delay in the placement with the Nursing Agency my wife will be working for we will have to cancel this date and wait for the embassy to give us a later one.
Anyone have a clue as to how long until the next interview date will be ie, is there an average time or is it pot luck when the embassy will set another date dependant of how busy they are.

Thanks for you assistance
Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postponing embassy Interview

Originally Posted by mad123dog
Hi,

My wife, daughter and myself have an Interview date of 28th August for our HB-3 visa but due to a delay in the placement with the Nursing Agency my wife will be working for we will have to cancel this date and wait for the embassy to give us a later one.
Anyone have a clue as to how long until the next interview date will be ie, is there an average time or is it pot luck when the embassy will set another date dependant of how busy they are.

do you mean H-3
H-3 Nonimmigrant Trainee or Special Education Exchange Visitor | USCIS
Old Jul 31st 2014, 1:31 pm
researching since 2006

I realy need to learn to type or re read my posts properly the visa is an EB-3 my wife is a RN in the emergency department and will be coming out through a nursing agency sorry
Old Jul 31st 2014, 1:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I realy need to learn to type or re read my posts properly the visa is an EB-3 my wife is a RN in the emergency department and will be coming out through a nursing agency sorry
the nurse visa was stopped by POTUS back in 2006 ..to get an H1B is pretty rare for nursing
Old Jul 31st 2014, 2:18 pm
researching since 2006

We have a Visa interview for an EB-3 professional/skilled worker this was sponsered by the agency back in 2006.
We have been waiting for our number to become current which it did feb 2013 due to schooling and childrens ages (17 and joining the Army) we have had to delay completing our file until this year.
Unfortunatly this has meant we missed our slot to go out in August/ September and will be in the next slot as soon as we hear when the interview might be resceduled for hence the original question.
sorry for the confusion hope this clears it up
Old Jul 31st 2014, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Don't cancel. Why? Because there's no guarantee that the person who needs that information will ever get it. If you don't show up at your scheduled time, your case file will be summarily closed.

Have people resecheduled successfully? Yes. Have people rescheduled unsuccessfully? Yes. Alas, there's no way of knowing, in advance, which group you'll end up in.

Ian
Old Jul 31st 2014, 3:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

It's a put luck crap shoot. The rescheduled interview could be 2 weeks later, or could be 6 months later, there is no way of knowing. You don't even know if your request will be granted. Best advice is, don't cancel.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2014, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
the nurse visa was stopped by POTUS back in 2006 ..to get an H1B is pretty rare for nursing
This is why OP had to go the EB-3 immigrant visa route.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 6:56 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by jxv73
This is why OP had to go the EB-3 immigrant visa route.
I never knew that
Old Aug 4th 2014, 10:35 am
researching since 2006

Unfortunatly the Agency who are sponsoring the visa aplication dont have a suitable placement for my wifes skills so are insisting on postponement of the interview.
We are developing infinite patience on this journey.
After several e mails and calls we have established that they have done this a lot over the years and have always been able to get another date but arent able to say when that might be.
But considering the $$$ investment they have already made in NCLEX training, exams and visa fees ect we will just have to share thier confidence and wait and see.

thanks for your feedback and I will keep you posted
Old Aug 4th 2014, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunatly the Agency who are sponsoring the visa aplication dont have a suitable placement for my wifes skills so are insisting on postponement of the interview.
They can insist all they want... the decision to attend the interview rests solely with you. If you attend the interview and the agency isn't yet ready, your visa will be delayed - but you will at least get the chance to talk to the officer and he will then give you instructions as to how to proceed.

If you attempt to reschedule and don't go... you'll never know if the officer received notice that you won't be there - and your visa might be summarily cancelled.

But considering the $$$ investment they have already made in NCLEX training, exams and visa fees ect we will just have to share thier confidence and wait and see.
I suggest you not be a doormat! I suggest you be proactive and don't rely on anyone else!

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2014, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

New memo on nurse eligibility for H1B

Any chances OP may qualify for an H1B under the revised guidance?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:46 am
researching since 2006

Originally Posted by jxv73
New memo on nurse eligibility for H1B

Any chances OP may qualify for an H1B under the revised guidance?
Unfortunatly not although my wife has 14 years ED expirience plus several years at the John Ratcliffe in EAU she has an associate degree earned through Nursing university but thanks for the information