Wikiposts

Post Voluntary departure

Old May 3rd 2013, 2:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Voluntary departure

Originally Posted by YBZ
Well the sponsorship of my visa is employment based but I dont work there. Its just for residence. If I show im working and have ovligations to come back, will my uncles financial statement for support be valid or I have to show my salary certificate.
You have a work visa for the UAE, but you don't work there? It's just for residence, what does that mean? Does that mean the sponsoring employer just wants you to live in the UAE but not actually work for the company? That doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, as everyone is trying to tell you...you need some sort of proof that you do NOT intend to stay in the USA beyond your visit time there. You stated here that you want to live in the USA, so that doesn't help you. You need to show things like a letter from your employer, stating the exact date you need to return to work. If you're working, and earning your own money, you don't need your uncle's financial support statement...show your own pay stubs and savings account instead. If you had a wife and kids outside the USA that you need to return to, that also helps. If you are in school outside the USA, bring proof that you are registered there and that you're expected back at class.

You mention property...is your dad's property also in your own name? Bring proof that you personally own property (a home, mortgage, rental agreement, etc) outside the USA.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YBZ
Practice is not as common. No the consulate shouldn't know. Im just saying if I show a letter im employed so I have an obligation to come back.
Showing such a letter might help, but it shouldn't be a fake one. You just said you're not working in the UAE. How will you get such a letter, if you don't work?

Rene
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

These two sentences seem somewhat contradictory.
Originally Posted by YBZ
It's nothing like i don't want to be back in my country, my parents, brother and my handicapped sister stay over there. Its just that the way of life in US, I have become so used to, hard to adjust in other places.
You know your situation far better than we do, we can only feed back to you what you tell us. And so far, you've told us nothing that seems compelling. Anyway, see 9 FAM 41.31 Notes, N3.4, for general guidance. You have to provide the appropriate details.
Originally Posted by YBZ
So guys please help show me the way to prove good ties with my country.
Regards, JEff
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:52 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly, but not necessarily. 9 FAM 41.31 Notes, N3.5
Originally Posted by Boiler
Wife, Children are the obvious ones.
Either, or neither. Anywhere outside the USA. 9 FAM 41.31 Notes, N2.2
Originally Posted by Eric S
Every keeps talking about him needed ties to "his country". I believe that means the he needs to prove ties to his country of residence, not his country of citizenship.
Regards, JEff
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:52 am
YBZ
Just Joined

YBZ is an unknown quantity at this point

You have a work visa for the UAE, but you don't work there? It's just for residence, what does that mean? Does that mean the sponsoring employer just wants you to live in the UAE but not actually work for the company? That doesn't make sense to me.
Dad cant sponspor me since I'm 18. Dad approached his friends company xyz for sponsorsip and paid all the legal fees. The reason I dont work because he does not need any new employee, just helped my father. We did this so I could enter uaeaand apply for a graduate job and transfer the sponsorship. This is common for people over 18 with parents livingbin uae. But the week after I entered UAE there was a ban on bengali nationals for new job sponsorship.

Anyway, as everyone is trying to tell you...you need some sort of proof that you do NOT intend to stay in the USA beyond your visit time there. You stated here that you want to live in the USA, so that doesn't help you. You need to show things like a letter from your employer, stating the exact date you need to return to work. If you're working, and earning your own money, you don't need your uncle's financial support statement...show your own pay stubs and savings account instead. If you had a wife and kids outside the USA that you need to return to, that also helps. If you are in school outside the USA, bring proof that you are registered there and that you're expected back at class.
Well the thing is im on the payroll of xyz company but xyz retains it since I dont work there. So if I show my employment letter with return datestated and financial support of my uncle will be good, or its not a good combo.

You mention property...is your dad's property also in your own name? Bring proof that you personally own property (a home, mortgage, rental agreement, etc) outside the USA.
No its under my dad and moms name, as per Bangladesh law only after marriage or after the demise or parents can the son ownership of property from parents.
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:54 am
YBZ
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Showing such a letter might help, but it shouldn't be a fake one. You just said you're not working in the UAE. How will you get such a letter, if you don't work?

Rene
It wont be fake it would be stamped by the company
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:57 am
YBZ
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
These two sentences seem somewhat contradictory.

You know your situation far better than we do, we can only feed back to you what you tell us. And so far, you've told us nothing that seems compelling. Anyway, see 9 FAM 41.31 Notes, N3.4, for general guidance. You have to provide the appropriate details.

Regards, JEff
Ok im just helpless having spending around 200 grand staying in the us graduatingand not getting a job due to political clash is frustrating.
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YBZ
No Matter how you swing it, it is FAKE

You said it was done as a favor to your old man, and that there is no actual salary from the company or role within. It is purely a paper exercise to allow you entry to UAE.

You should not try to use similar tactics to get around US immigration
Old May 3rd 2013, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by YBZ
Dad approached his friends company xyz for sponsorsip and paid all the legal fees. The reason I dont work because he does not need any new employee, just helped my father. We did this so I could enter uaeaand apply for a graduate job and transfer the sponsorship. This is common for people over 18 with parents livingbin uae. But the week after I entered UAE there was a ban on bengali nationals for new job sponsorship.

Well the thing is im on the payroll of xyz company but xyz retains it since I dont work there. So if I show my employment letter with return datestated and financial support of my uncle will be good, or its not a good combo.
Originally Posted by YBZ
According to your first quote above, you do NOT work in the UAE. According to your second quote, you are able to get a letter from your employer (which you don't have, since you don't work) stating when you'll be back at work (at a job you don't actually have). Is that correct? If so, then that is considered a fake letter, since the information contained within would be untrue.

If you can provide such a letter, then also be prepared to bring several months worth of pay stubs, or a bank statement showing several months of savings - enough to cover your trip to the USA. As I said before, if you are working, and you have proof of such, then you don't need your uncle's financial help to take a vacation to the USA!

Rene