Wikiposts

Possitive TB now what?

Old Mar 30th 2001, 4:12 am
Durango Chick

We got our Interview date in 3 weeks. My husband went for the Medical on Friday 3-27.
His TB test is positive. What happens now?

Old Mar 30th 2001, 4:42 am
aosus

He will get an X-ray, after that, I don't know.

>
Medical on
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 30th 2001, 5:04 am
EA

Chick,

The TB test is often false-positive. Then you are required to take a chest x-ray to
verify that you really don't have TB. (That's why there's no TB test in the 1-day K-1
medical, just a mandatory x-ray.) Then you pass.

I'm not sure what happened in your husband's case. The doctor did not advise him, nor
give him an I-693 explaining why he failed the medical? No return appointment?

Maybe he passed. Check with the clinic.

Kirby

P.S. Someone who actually has TB has to request an individual waiver, Form I-601

Durango Chick wrote:

>
    >

Old Mar 30th 2001, 5:34 am
Durango Chick

He hasn't gone back to the doctors yet. he just had the test done on Tuesday, and I
can tell by looking that he has a positive reaction. The reason for the post is that
we are trying to determine if the chest xray is mandatory. His medical insurance
isn't in effect yet, so he has to pay cash for his visits. Thank you for your help!
    >
England gives TB immunizations and that it can effect the test results. again thank
you for your response!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
advise
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > We got our Interview date in 3 weeks. My husband went for the Medical on Friday[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 3-27. His TB test is positive. What happens now?[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 30th 2001, 6:13 am
Donna Maindrault

>
    >
    >

Multiple tests for tuberculosis can also cause an immune response on later tests.
Schoolteachers who have changed districts several times can tell you all about that!

He'll have to pay for a chest X-ray.

-Donna

Old Mar 30th 2001, 6:23 am
Grinch

>
    >
    >
is
    >
cash
    >
    >
that
    >
    >

Both myself and Andy Platt who frequents here both tested positive. I had a chest
xray, took the results back to the doc with a letter from the chest dude doctor
and she finished up the medical forms. The shots you get in the UK can affect the
test for sure.

Grinch

Old Mar 30th 2001, 7:34 am
Durango Chick

Thank you Grinch! Yes I called and talked to hubby and indeed he has a scar from the
TB immunization as a child in England. He is at the Xray dude as we speak! whew *big
relief* :O))

>

[usenetquote2]> > He hasn't gone back to the doctors yet. he just had the test done on Tuesday, and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I can tell by looking that he has a positive reaction. The reason for the post is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that we are trying to determine if the chest xray[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > mandatory. His medical insurance isn't in effect yet, so he has to pay[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > for his visits. Thank you for your help! :O) He is from England and I got an[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > email from one of the NG posters saying[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > England gives TB immunizations and that it can effect the test results. again[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thank you for your response![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
a
    >
    >
the
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 30th 2001, 8:05 am
Sumedha McAdams

>
that
    >
    >

Ask him if he's had the BCG vaccine. I received that as a child, and my mother being,
well, my mother lost my immunization records. Anyhow, the TB mantoux test always
comes back false-positive for me, and I always need a chest x-ray.

Side Note: my mother's ability to lose vaccination and immunization records is
phenomenal. She'd done it a grand total of three times so far, and each time I had
to get all my shots all over again. I'm the most vaccinated and immunized person I
know. *sighs*

Sumedha McAdams

Old Apr 2nd 2001, 12:21 pm
ORLANDI X2

My spouse tested positive too. He had been immunized as a child in Brazil. He had the
x-ray. No TB.

Old Apr 6th 2001, 1:52 pm
prw3

There is a vaccine for TB? I've never heard of one.

>
Brazil. He
    >

Old Apr 6th 2001, 11:08 pm
Alvena Ferreira

prw3 wrote:
    >
    >
They use this overseas, we do not use it in the US. In the US, if you have a skin
test that converts to positive, they generally have you take INH medication for a
year, and then call you "cured" or "free" of bacteria. alvena marriage visa pages at:
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

Old Apr 9th 2001, 12:28 pm
Ronald J. Brown

I missed the start of this threa, so sorry if I'm being redundant, but...

As I understand it, the TB vaccine used in certain less developed countries can CAUSE
positive skin test results, for the rest of the person's life. If this happens, you
can get a chest X-ray done to prove that you don't have TB. (This happened to my wife
recently, when she needed a TB test to apply for a job in a nursing home).

Ron

>
[usenetquote2]> > There is a vaccine for TB? I've never heard of one.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >