Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Possible to change residence district after applying for naturalization?

Possible to change residence district after applying for naturalization?

Old Jul 15th 2001, 2:43 pm
Posts: n/a

I spent 5 years in California and would like to apply for citizenship right now.
But I'm moving to Washington state soon. The N-400 form says I need to live in the
district for at least 3 months **prior to application**. Does anyone know if I can
apply now and pass all the tests/interviews while living in Washington, or the
only option I have is to live for 3 month in my new district and then apply?
Thanks. Helen.
Old Jul 15th 2001, 4:43 pm
Posts: n/a

You can always change your address once you move to your new address. This can be
done over phone using the national support number.

After you change find out from your sevice center if the correct has been recorded.

If you are not confident with that approach, either stay where you are until your
Oath or apply 3 months after moving to your new location.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.