Is this possible

Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:28 am
Just Joined

kat1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this possible

We have very dear elderly friends looking after there disabled daughter in America ( they are american citizens ) ! We have been friends a long time ! They don't have anyone around to help them as they are getting older and struggle taking care of there daughter ! If we ( myself , husband and 2 children ) decided that we would be able to go live there to help them , how would this be possible ! Can they sponsor us ? They are not blood related ! My husband is a joiner by trade ? ! We are from Scotland so don't qualify for the green card lottery x Thankyou for any input xx
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this possible

Originally Posted by kat1977
We have very dear elderly friends looking after there disabled daughter in America ( they are american citizens ) ! We have been friends a long time ! They don't have anyone around to help them as they are getting older and struggle taking care of there daughter ! If we ( myself , husband and 2 children ) decided that we would be able to go live there to help them , how would this be possible ! Can they sponsor us ? They are not blood related ! My husband is a joiner by trade ? ! We are from Scotland so don't qualify for the green card lottery x Thankyou for any input xx
No, friends can't sponsor you. Only an employer can sponsor you, but it doesn't sound like (a) they're planning on offering you a proper paid position; or (b) that the job would qualify for a visa even if they did.

A joiner wouldn't qualify for any US employment based visa, what do you do, is that more likely to lead to a visa? Failing that, Canada would love to have your husband if he's a joiner, so is there an option?

Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for replying ! I kinda thought that ! I'm only a photographer so I very much doubt that would count either !! Xx
Old Jul 4th 2014, 12:27 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your visit to the US, but I'm afraid you won't be moving here permanently.

Despite the reputation as 'the land of the free' the US is one of the most difficult countries to get a visa for in which to live and work.

Last edited by civilservant; Jul 4th 2014 at 12:35 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

I had never heard that before but thanks anyway x
Old Jul 4th 2014, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

jean1947 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it from the Anthem? "land of the free and home of the brave"