Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Port Perry ON-any BE person there?

Port Perry ON-any BE person there?

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:07 am
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Port Perry ON-any BE person there?

Sorry guys, to interrupt your musings on returning to the UK. I am wondering if any of you remember a post here, must be about three months ago, from a BE poster living in Port Perry ON. I remember it was a woman and she was very unhappy living there - quite a long post about that - and, as I remember, longed to return to UK but couldn't. Any of you kind people have any recall of that post? By the way I am one of those who cannot return, who have left it too late. Shall always regret I didn't return years ago. Good luck to you all who make the move back and I wish you all much joy in that move.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of
Default Re: Port Perry ON-any BE person there?

Originally Posted by annabella
Sorry guys, to interrupt your musings on returning to the UK. I am wondering if any of you remember a post here, must be about three months ago, from a BE poster living in Port Perry ON. I remember it was a woman and she was very unhappy living there - quite a long post about that - and, as I remember, longed to return to UK but couldn't. Any of you kind people have any recall of that post? By the way I am one of those who cannot return, who have left it too late. Shall always regret I didn't return years ago. Good luck to you all who make the move back and I wish you all much joy in that move.

My parents imigrated to Canada from the UK, so Port Perry, was where we ended up and surrounding areas. like SEagrave, whitby etc, It wasn't that bad growing up in Port Perry. Everything changes, gets built up etc...if you have any questions. PM me, I'd be happy to answer them for u.

Why can't u go back?, mum and all of us are planning on it...and shes in her 60's.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

This is what a search of this forum came up with:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=527844

It may be time sensitive...if so the Search facility is located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to advanced search...type in Port Perry...and search entire posts in the MBTTUK forum.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dewdrop
My parents imigrated to Canada from the UK, so Port Perry, was where we ended up and surrounding areas. like SEagrave, whitby etc, It wasn't that bad growing up in Port Perry. Everything changes, gets built up etc...if you have any questions. PM me, I'd be happy to answer them for u.

Why can't u go back?, mum and all of us are planning on it...and shes in her 60's.
I should have said in my post that I was going to try and contact the woman in Port Perry as I am only 40mins drive from there. I cannot return to UK mainly because of house prices, cost of living etc., plus the fact I am not sure to adapt as I haven't lived there since 1970. Backed myself into a corner here having sold up to live in Canada. Being sponsored for PR still in early stages and sponsor, with whom I have been in a relationship for 6 and a half years, has started to drink heavily with some pretty unpleasant consequences so day-to-day situation is tough. Thank you for your encouragement and I wish you all the best. So good to have your family around you. There is nothing more important.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
This is what a search of this forum came up with:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=527844

It may be time sensitive...if so the Search facility is located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to advanced search...type in Port Perry...and search entire posts in the MBTTUK forum.
Thanks so much. Shall do battle with the search facility. I have tried but never seem to have much success. Luckily there are those brighter than me on this site!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much. Shall do battle with the search facility. I have tried but never seem to have much success. Luckily there are those brighter than me on this site!
The link has timed out....here it is again:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=531344
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

I should have said in my post that I was going to try and contact the woman in Port Perry as I am only 40mins drive from there. I cannot return to UK mainly because of house prices, cost of living etc., plus the fact I am not sure to adapt as I haven't lived there since 1970. Backed myself into a corner here having sold up to live in Canada. Being sponsored for PR still in early stages and sponsor, with whom I have been in a relationship for 6 and a half years, has started to drink heavily with some pretty unpleasant consequences so day-to-day situation is tough. Thank you for your encouragement and I wish you all the best. So good to have your family around you. There is nothing more important.
My parents came in the early 70's as well. and we hope that within the next couple of years we will be back and settled....My dad drank heavily as well. parents not together now, mum is coming back with us, hope to find accomodations inlaw suite there, for us all......I quess father will stay here in Canada, where he always wanted to be 'away' from everyone LOL.

sorry to hear about your situation...I would 'never say never'....if you are unhappy then do a trial run...its your country!!! do you have much family there now?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dewdrop
My parents came in the early 70's as well. and we hope that within the next couple of years we will be back and settled....My dad drank heavily as well. parents not together now, mum is coming back with us, hope to find accomodations inlaw suite there, for us all......I quess father will stay here in Canada, where he always wanted to be 'away' from everyone LOL.

sorry to hear about your situation...I would 'never say never'....if you are unhappy then do a trial run...its your country!!! do you have much family there now?
No, only friends there. My children are at opposite ends of the globe. Runs in the family. If I had family there I wouldn't hesitate to give it a go. Kind of you to take time to write and cheer me up!Thank you.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The link has timed out....here it is again:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=531344
Thanks so much. Shall do a trawl search.