Pool business

Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:47 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool business

Originally Posted by jxv73
Every status I think of requires you to file a petition or AOS
As Boiler notes, that is the direct route. Perhaps you need to rephrase the question!

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2016, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

If that is the case, then E2 does have a "direct" route - you file an I-140 and I-485
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxv73
If that is the case, then E2 does have a "direct" route - you file an I-140 and I-485
You can file whatever paperwork you want, but nothing is going to happen if you aren't eligible to file an I-140 in the first place! So, what's the basis for filing?

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can file whatever paperwork you want, but nothing is going to happen if you aren't eligible to file an I-140 in the first place! So, what's the basis for filing?

Ian
Same as with H-1B, L-1 or O-1, a petitioning employer (or in the case of EB-1A and EB-2 NIW, yourself) willing to hire you. I just don't see what you mean by "direct" or what makes E-2 any different.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

So what you are saying is - If I enter on an E2 or EB Visa, at some point I am able to file a petition for permanent residence and possibly have it granted as long as conditions are met!

So with the LLC set up in Delaware, would this still be the case or would it need to be an 'inc' company??

Roger
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:26 pm
Banned

Canveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aqua
So what you are saying is - If I enter on an E2 or EB Visa, at some point I am able to file a petition for permanent residence and possibly have it granted as long as conditions are met!

So with the LLC set up in Delaware, would this still be the case or would it need to be an 'inc' company??

Roger
No.

If you come in on an E2, you would still have to qualify for a different visa type to apply for PR and you would have to be sponsored for that visa.

You dont go E2 to Green Card, what I was saying earlier really was that in my case, having an E2 will lead to an EB2 and then a green card.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Aha ok- So its a chain of visa's that are required for the hopeful final outcome
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

How does the E2 visa allow you to work for an employer??
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

E2 Employer
Old Aug 29th 2016, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Heywoodwest is an unknown quantity at this point

My two cents worth - whenever I go back to the UK to renew my E-2 I have to sign a piece of paper that says I will never even try to stay permanently in the USA or apply for a Green Card. I've been over here for ten years with my family and love it, but plan to retire to Spain when our daughter leaves school - assuming Brexit hasn't totally scuppered that plan.
I do think that E-2 visa holders are treated ridiculously badly, especially as US equivalents in the UK do have a route to permanency I believe. However I knew all this when I first applied, so I accepted that as the price of a very different lifestyle. I'm just glad that it is no longer taking 9 months to process the initial visa application as it did when I first applied. The switch from USA based renewals to country of application had just occurred and the London embassy was totally unprepared for the workload that hit it!