Pool business

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 5:39 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool business

Originally Posted by Aqua
Is that possible?
I am in the process of setting up an LLC in Delaware to allow me to trade in the US.

I will check out the L1

The usual attempted route to permanency is that a couple come over, one of them is on the E-2 (rather than both being partners in the business), the other applies for an EAD and then crosses their fingers that their employer will like them enough to sponsor them for a green card. Of course, the person with the EAD has to have the appropriate qualifications, skills, and abilities for this to have any chance of coming to pass.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Thats true, but I want to either buy or setup my own company with in the US. So an E2 on a small investment, say $70k and a good business plan or use the company I have in Canada to obtain an L1 intracompany transfer.

Not sure the L1 would work when reading some articles though
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Can any one recommend an adviser to talk with??
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

FIFY???
Umm... Google is your friend.

Ian
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Umm... Google is your friend.

Ian

Yeah Yeah LOL
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 2:48 pm
Banned

Canveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond repute

Just chipping in here and probably muddying the waters, however saying there is NO route from E2 to Green Card is not technically correct.

Holding an E2 Visa is neither helps nor hinders anybody's chances of a Green Card.

I am on an E2 at the moment, 2 years through my initial 5 year period. I accept that my E2 is not through a business I started, instead I am an employee of an E2 business.

The company can and do sponsor people through the EB2/3 route after 3 years in the role. Looking around the office now I see 7 people who moved here on an E2 and are now Green Card holders or Citizens.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canveydave
... saying there is NO route from E2 to Green Card is not technically correct.
Which is why I corrected the comment to read: no direct route. There is no direct route from E-2 to green card... and your own post verifies that.

Ian
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Which is why I corrected the comment to read: no direct route. There is no direct route from E-2 to green card... and your own post verifies that.

Ian
Is there a direct route from any non-immigrant status to a green a card?
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canveydave
Just chipping in here and probably muddying the waters, however saying there is NO route from E2 to Green Card is not technically correct.

Holding an E2 Visa is neither helps nor hinders anybody's chances of a Green Card.

I am on an E2 at the moment, 2 years through my initial 5 year period. I accept that my E2 is not through a business I started, instead I am an employee of an E2 business.

The company can and do sponsor people through the EB2/3 route after 3 years in the role. Looking around the office now I see 7 people who moved here on an E2 and are now Green Card holders or Citizens.

What kind of business do you work in if you don't mind me asking
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxv73
Depends on how you define "direct".

K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, though I've never understood why. It is dual intent though.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:18 pm
Banned

Canveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of business do you work in if you don't mind me asking
Sure.

I am in Recruitment. There are a number of E2 Recruitment companies in the US. Generally the standard of US recruiters is less than poor, although there are exceptions
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Yes.

Ian
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
It is dual intent though.
True - but, to be fair, almost all visas are dual intent... whether explicitly stated or not.

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Ian
OK. Any examples? Every status I think of requires you to file a petition or AOS
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK. Any examples? Every status I think of requires you to file a petition or AOS
AKA direct route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.