police certificate UK

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:30 am
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute
Default police certificate UK

can anyone offer any advice on this, i have had an enhanced disclosure done, due to working with children........and this also lists police records of convictions reprimands and warnings........is the same as a police certificate, or just as good? foes anyone know, if so please help
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:11 pm
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough
Default Re: police certificate UK

I'm not sure but i think you have to have the official police certificate you order right from your local police station. It takes up to 45 days or so to get.

Carey

Originally posted by LuTziE
can anyone offer any advice on this, i have had an enhanced disclosure done, due to working with children........and this also lists police records of convictions reprimands and warnings........is the same as a police certificate, or just as good? foes anyone know, if so please help
Old Jun 4th 2003, 6:40 am
Sarahstokes3107

Also, was the check done in the past year? I am a teacher and had to have the
check done for work, but sadly it was 2 years ago so I can't use it :-(

Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:23 am
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sarahstokes3107
Also, was the check done in the past year? I am a teacher and had to have the
check done for work, but sadly it was 2 years ago so I can't use it :-(
well this enhanced disclosure is current, 3 months old, i had to have it done to work in a school
Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by LuTziE
Mail the London embassy, they will tell you.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Email the Consular, as Rob said. They are very efficient in replying. Also, their hours are 8am-11am, so you might want to email during that time. Hope this helps!
[email protected]
Old Jun 14th 2003, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Nicki36 is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI,

LuTziE did e-mail the embassy and received a reply rather quickly. He was told that his enhanced disclosure was accceptable in place of the Police certificate.
But being the parinoid person I am, I asked him to also apply for his Police certificate, which he has. So I guess its down to which gets there first...the interview date or the certificate in the mail.

ty for the suggestion

LuTziEs other half

VSC time frame
05/31/03 Mailed in I-129F
06/03/03 Ordered Police Check
06/05/03 Received 1st NOA