Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Police certificate has old passport number

Wikiposts

Police certificate has old passport number

Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default Police certificate has old passport number

Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody knew wether or not I needed to replace my police cert (which is still valid) as I now have a different passport number from the one on the cert? Or can I just take the old passport with me to prove the continuity?

Cheers

Colin
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificate has old passport number

I had the same scenario Colin. I sent my a colour copy of my new passport, wrote a covering letter with my case number on it and forwarded it to the Embassy.

I did take my old one with me when I went for interview but they didn't ask me for it so that seemed to have done the trick.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

I believe you need to apply for a new police certificate with your new passport number. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice

So does anybody else have an opinion please?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colin2496
Yes. Jeepgirluk is incorrect, and MandyNi isn't.

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

OK so I can Just send a copy of both passports with a letter then? That should be ok with the embassy?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

OK so I can Just send a copy of both passports with a letter then? That should be ok with the embassy?
Send? Where?

You take your police certificate to your interview.
You can take both your passports if it makes you feel more prepared!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Opinion: You were Colin when you had the old passport. You were Colin when you got the new passport. In my opinion, you were the same Colin during both time periods. Of course, perhaps the new passport was a life changing event.

No advice given nor intended.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Mandy NI sent a seperate letter to the US Embassy in London as she had the same problem.
As stated on the embassy web page documents should NOT be mailed but furnished at the time of interview so I should take both passports with me right?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy NI sent a seperate letter to the US Embassy in London as she had the same problem.
As stated on the embassy web page documents should NOT be mailed but furnished at the time of interview so I should take both passports with me right?
I would say yes, just to be on the safe side.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:20 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

so I should take both passports with me right?
You should take every document you can think of with you to the embassy. And probably more, too.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Colin, I got my police cert in early October and my new passport late October, but my visa interview wasn't until January. I decided to send them the copy of the passport to update their records in plenty of time for my next step. As I said I just took the old passport with me to the interview in case somehow the letter/copy didn't quite make it round their system, but no problems encountered.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Fatbrit
More than the document list then? what about bank account info? couldn't find much out about that?