Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Police Certificate - For Goodness Sake

Police Certificate - For Goodness Sake

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:32 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate - For Goodness Sake

Originally Posted by jeninifer
I was once told by a liason to my congressperson that at the US Service Centers the reviewers are given the files several at a time. They then work on them to completion one by one - meaning that if the person on the top of their stack has an incomplete file and needs to send in more documentation everyone else in that stack is just sitting there WAITING.
Jen
If that is what a rep’s liaison told you, than take that as a lesson not to listen to anything this person ever tells you again. If they issue an RFE, the file is sent to the RFE shelf to await the arrival of the additional evidence. In the meantime, the officer keeps working on other cases. What the rep told you was sheer and utter nonsense.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

dreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
If that is what a rep’s liaison told you, than take that as a lesson not to listen to anything this person ever tells you again. If they issue an RFE, the file is sent to the RFE shelf to await the arrival of the additional evidence. In the meantime, the officer keeps working on other cases. What the rep told you was sheer and utter nonsense.
I know anything at all about this visa process, however, I do know that it is the most stressful thing I have ever done (and believe me, one violent marriage later, I have dealt with unbelieaveable stress) but this is a different helpless kind of stress..... And so, to go back to my original question....... All I really needed to know was, is the posting on here correct about the Police Certificate, are they valid for 6 months, or 12?? that was all I really needed to know, and instead it turned into the most bizarre debate...

There are several sites on the internet, giving advise (not always correct I have begun to notice) so its not always easy to define correct information, for the main part I tend to come on here and one other, as both seem to give for the main part, easy to follow advise.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamchaser
All I really needed to know was, is the posting on here correct about the Police Certificate, are they valid for 6 months, or 12?? that was all I really needed to know, and instead it turned into the most bizarre debate...
Hi dreamchase,

There are folks on this forum who have received a visa, with a police report that is more than 6 months old.

Best Wishes,
Rene