Police Certificate???

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:26 am
Just Joined

bigmang123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Need Info Please....Police Certificate?

Hi folks,my wife (USC) has recently filed the I 130 in Nebraska,we are thinking about going down the K3 route.

Regarding the police check, 2 years ago i was charged with driving without insurance,i recieved a fixed penalty notice and points on my licence but it never went to court.(only conviction on my record).

I would be greatfull if anyone could give me any info if this will affect the K3 application and if it does what should i do about it?.

Also,could anyone give me a rough timeline from filing the I 130 to getting the K3 Interview?

Regards

Last edited by bigmang123; Nov 3rd 2005 at 6:26 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:45 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need Info Please....Police Certificate?

Originally Posted by bigmang123
Hi folks,my wife (USC) has recently filed the I 130 in Nebraska,we are thinking about going down the K3 route.

Regarding the police check, 2 years ago i was charged with driving without insurance,i recieved a fixed penalty notice and points on my licence but it never went to court.(only conviction on my record).

I would be greatfull if anyone could give me any info if this will affect the K3 application and if it does what should i do about it?.

Also,could anyone give me a rough timeline from filing the I 130 to getting the K3 Interview?

Regards

hi,

I don't think it would affect your I-130 application. If asked about any convictions when you have your interview, you may want to mention it, and provide any documentation that you have (and have hopefully retained) from the incident. It's not like you knocked someone over or was charged with a DUI and had an accident - you should be fine.

~Sean~
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Info Please....Police Certificate?

Originally Posted by bigmang123

Regards
Roughly, very roughly, 9 months.

I pulled that out of a hat, btw. There's no way to even make a guess with the info you've given.

How about 'several months yet'?