Police Cert: RCMP or Local?

Old May 21st 2002, 3:20 am
Evan Audette

Default Police Cert: RCMP or Local?

Hey all,

I want to first thank everyone for thier help with my previous questions (I'm using
my ISP's mail function, I was under google groups as Ethuil).

Well, after 3 weeks (the first NOA came after only 5 days, yikes!) the second NOA
came and according to the recording as well, we were approved Now it's up to me on
my end to get things done!

Now, I know I should wait until I get the package from the consulate, but always
impatient, I'd like to get things moving.

I went ahead and got my immunizations, made sure they were current. I also got a
blood test and chest xray done for the heck of it as well (my mother works for our
family doctor as his secratary, how convenient )

Now, I need to get my police certifcates (I'm assuming that's what you get, and not
just fingerprints). And I'm wondering: I've lived in Canada all my life, and my
address has always been my current one. Not once did I live anywhere for more than 3
months at a time. Even then, my address never changed. Now, could I go for a local
police certificate with the OPP, or would I have to mail my prints off to the RCMP in
Ottawa and (supposedly) wait the extra 60 days (yikes)? I've never gotten any fines,
or been pulled over, nor any parking tickets. Clean as a whistle.

Thanks in advance for any advice given

-Evan

Old May 21st 2002, 6:20 am
Me

Default Re: Police Cert: RCMP or Local?

**What visa are you getting?

**If you have received your official approval and your consulate allows you can fax
them it along with a request to open a provisional file. I faxed mine to Vancouver
Consulate and received the packet 2 days later.

I went ahead and got my immunizations, made sure they were current. I also got a
blood test and chest xray done for the heck of it as well (my mother works for our
family doctor as his secratary, how convenient )

**Although it is great to jump ahead you will not be able to use this for your
case. You have to have your medical exam (blood test, X-ray and the exam)by a
specific doctor approved by INS (they provide you with a list of approved Dr's in
your packet).

Now, I need to get my police certifcates (I'm assuming that's what you get, and not
just fingerprints). And I'm wondering: I've lived in Canada all my life, and my
address has always been my current one. Not once did I live anywhere for more than 3
months at a time. Even then, my address never changed. Now, could I go for a local
police certificate with the OPP, or would I have to mail my prints off to the RCMP in
Ottawa and (supposedly) wait the extra 60 days (yikes)? I've never gotten any fines,
or been pulled over, nor any parking tickets. Clean as a whistle.

**I just received my K3 visa and what was required from the Vancouver Consulate was a
police certificate from the RCMP in my area of residence. I am not to sure where you
are from but you should be able to go to your local RCMP and ask for it (might need
letter from Consulate that comes in Package 3, I did)

I hope this helps you out. If you need any other assistance or are going through
Vancouver Consulate, email me and I can give you the Dr list and hopefully help you
out a bit.

Good Luck Mel

Old May 21st 2002, 11:20 am
Bonnie M

We had the Montreal consulate. They do not open provisional files. I received package
3 about 2 weeks after we got our 2nd NOA. I live in SW Ontario and went to the RCMP
office in London. They will run you through their computer and if you have a clean
record they will give you a page in triplicate stating you were not found in their
data base. This took about 15 minutes. Bonnie "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
    > **What visa are you getting?
    >
    > **If you have received your official approval and your consulate allows you can fax
    > them it along with a request to open a provisional file. I faxed mine to Vancouver
    > Consulate and received the packet 2 days later.
    >
    > I went ahead and got my immunizations, made sure they were current. I also got a
    > blood test and chest xray done for the heck of it as well (my mother works for our
    > family doctor as his secratary, how convenient )
    >
    > **Although it is great to jump ahead you will not be able to use this for your
    > case. You have to have your medical exam (blood test, X-ray and the exam)by a
    > specific doctor approved by INS (they provide you with a list of approved Dr's in
    > your packet).
    >
    > Now, I need to get my police certifcates (I'm assuming that's what you get, and not
    > just fingerprints). And I'm wondering: I've lived in Canada all my life, and my
    > address has always been my current one. Not once did I live anywhere for more than
    > 3 months at a time. Even then, my address never changed. Now, could I go for a
    > local police certificate with the OPP, or would I have to mail my prints off to the
    > RCMP in Ottawa and (supposedly) wait the extra 60 days (yikes)? I've never gotten
    > any fines, or been pulled over, nor any parking tickets. Clean as a whistle.
    >
    > **I just received my K3 visa and what was required from the Vancouver Consulate was
    > a police certificate from the RCMP in my area of residence. I am not to sure where
    > you are from but you should be able to go to your local RCMP and ask for it (might
    > need letter from Consulate that comes in Package 3, I did)
    >
    >
    > I hope this helps you out. If you need any other assistance or are going through
    > Vancouver Consulate, email me and I can give you the Dr list and hopefully help you
    > out a bit.
    >
    > Good Luck Mel

Old May 21st 2002, 3:20 pm
Dabear?

Now what if you have a pardon. What does a person do then??

Bonnie M wrote:

> We had the Montreal consulate. They do not open provisional files. I received
    > package 3 about 2 weeks after we got our 2nd NOA. I live in SW Ontario and went to
    > the RCMP office in London. They will run you through their computer and if you have
    > a clean record they will give you a page in triplicate stating you were not found
    > in their data base. This took about 15 minutes. Bonnie "Me" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > **What visa are you getting?
    > >
    > > **If you have received your official approval and your consulate allows you can
    > > fax them it along with a request to open a provisional file. I faxed mine to
    > > Vancouver Consulate and received the packet 2 days later.
    > >
    > > I went ahead and got my immunizations, made sure they were current. I also got a
    > > blood test and chest xray done for the heck of it as well (my mother works for
    > > our family doctor as his secratary, how convenient )
    > >
    > > **Although it is great to jump ahead you will not be able to use this for your
    > > case. You have to have your medical exam (blood test, X-ray and the exam)by a
    > > specific doctor approved by INS (they provide you with a list of approved Dr's in
    > > your packet).
    > >
    > > Now, I need to get my police certifcates (I'm assuming that's what you get, and
    > > not just fingerprints). And I'm wondering: I've lived in Canada all my life, and
    > > my address has always been my current one. Not once did I live anywhere for more
    > > than 3 months at a time. Even then, my address never changed. Now, could I go for
    > > a local police certificate with the OPP, or would I have to mail my prints off to
    > > the RCMP in Ottawa and (supposedly) wait the extra 60 days (yikes)? I've never
    > > gotten any fines, or been pulled over, nor any parking tickets. Clean as a
    > > whistle.
    > >
    > > **I just received my K3 visa and what was required from the Vancouver Consulate
    > > was a police certificate from the RCMP in my area of residence. I am not to sure
    > > where you are from but you should be able to go to your local RCMP and ask for it
    > > (might need letter from Consulate that comes in Package 3, I did)
    > >
    > >
    > > I hope this helps you out. If you need any other assistance or are going through
    > > Vancouver Consulate, email me and I can give you the Dr list and hopefully help
    > > you out a bit.
    > >
    > > Good Luck Mel

Old May 21st 2002, 10:20 pm
Charles

Dabear© <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Now what if you have a pardon. What does a person do then??

You must bring your pardon plus papers your court records to the interview Also USA
does not recognize a Canadian Pardon Period you must get the I-601 waiver before your
Visa will be approved. Also if you have entered the USA without a Waiver of
inadmissibility you have broken INS laws.
    >
    > Bonnie M wrote:
    >
    > > We had the Montreal consulate. They do not open provisional files. I received
    > > package 3 about 2 weeks after we got our 2nd NOA. I live in SW Ontario and went
    > > to the RCMP office in London. They will run you through their computer and if you
    > > have a clean record they will give you a page in triplicate stating you were not
    > > found in their data base. This took about 15 minutes. Bonnie "Me"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > **What visa are you getting?
    > > >
    > > > **If you have received your official approval and your consulate allows you can
    > > > fax them it along with a request to open a provisional file. I faxed mine to
    > > > Vancouver Consulate and received the packet 2 days later.
    > > >
    > > > I went ahead and got my immunizations, made sure they were current. I also got
    > > > a blood test and chest xray done for the heck of it as well (my mother works
    > > > for our family doctor as his secratary, how convenient )
    > > >
    > > > **Although it is great to jump ahead you will not be able to use this for your
    > > > case. You have to have your medical exam (blood test, X-ray and the exam)by a
    > > > specific doctor approved by INS (they provide you with a list of approved Dr's
    > > > in your packet).
    > > >
    > > > Now, I need to get my police certifcates (I'm assuming that's what you get, and
    > > > not just fingerprints). And I'm wondering: I've lived in Canada all my life,
    > > > and my address has always been my current one. Not once did I live anywhere for
    > > > more than 3 months at a time. Even then, my address never changed. Now, could I
    > > > go for a local police certificate with the OPP, or would I have to mail my
    > > > prints off to the RCMP in Ottawa and (supposedly) wait the extra 60 days
    > > > (yikes)? I've never gotten any fines, or been pulled over, nor any parking
    > > > tickets. Clean as a whistle.
    > > >
    > > > **I just received my K3 visa and what was required from the Vancouver Consulate
    > > > was a police certificate from the RCMP in my area of residence. I am not to
    > > > sure where you are from but you should be able to go to your local RCMP and ask
    > > > for it (might need letter from Consulate that comes in Package 3, I did)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > I hope this helps you out. If you need any other assistance or are going
    > > > through Vancouver Consulate, email me and I can give you the Dr list and
    > > > hopefully help you out a bit.
    > > >
    > > > Good Luck Mel

Old May 22nd 2002, 2:20 pm
Dabear

I don't know hwere you got that information from but you are wrong, I talked to a INS
person and they said I do NOT need a waiver, and I have entered the US many times and
have been checked out, a DUI in the states is a traffic ticket not a criminal charge

[email protected] (Charles) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] om>...
    > Dabear© <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Now what if you have a pardon. What does a person do then??
    >
    > You must bring your pardon plus papers your court records to the interview Also USA
    > does not recognize a Canadian Pardon Period you must get the I-601 waiver before
    > your Visa will be approved. Also if you have entered the USA without a Waiver of
    > inadmissibility you have broken INS laws.

Old May 22nd 2002, 3:20 pm
Andy Platt

"dabear" <[email protected]> wrote ...

> I don't know hwere you got that information from but you are wrong, I talked to a
    > INS person and they said I do NOT need a waiver, and I have entered the US many
    > times and have been checked out, a DUI in the states is a traffic ticket not a
    > criminal charge

Umm, how was Charles supposed to know from your question that it was a DUI?

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old May 22nd 2002, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And also a DWI/DUI in some states is more than a traffic ticket. You can get jail time in some areas for DUI's

Rete
Old May 22nd 2002, 9:20 pm
Charles

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > "dabear" <[email protected]> wrote ...
    >
    > > I don't know hwere you got that information from but you are wrong, I talked to a
    > > INS person and they said I do NOT need a waiver, and I have entered the US many
    > > times and have been checked out, a DUI in the states is a traffic ticket not a
    > > criminal charge
    >
    > Umm, how was Charles supposed to know from your question that it was a DUI?
    >
    > Andy.

thanks Andy. I believe you do know what I am talking about. and as for the previous
post to this one. I do know what I am talking about I have a criminal record and am
having to jump thru hoops to be able to see and be with my fiance. I am just mailing
in for my second waiver of inadmissibility just incase my Fiance Visa does not come
in time just so that there is no gap in us seeing each other. I have been dealing
with the issue of have a criminal record and entering the USA for 2 years now so Yes
I do Know what I am talking about

Old May 23rd 2002, 10:20 pm
Dabear

On 22 May 2002 13:12:04 -0700, [email protected] (Charles) wrote: Sorry Charles I
did not know the Charges. What I meant was for the DUI, that is a simple one, other
charges are much harder, I wish you good luck in getting down there, what I can't
understand is why they do noe reconize a Canadain Pardon
    >"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "dabear" <[email protected]> wrote ...
    >>
    >> > I don't know hwere you got that information from but you are wrong, I talked to
    >> > a INS person and they said I do NOT need a waiver, and I have entered the US
    >> > many times and have been checked out, a DUI in the states is a traffic ticket
    >> > not a criminal charge
    >>
    >> Umm, how was Charles supposed to know from your question that it was a DUI?
    >>
    >> Andy.
    >
    >thanks Andy. I believe you do know what I am talking about. and as for the previous
    >post to this one. I do know what I am talking about I have a criminal record and am
    >having to jump thru hoops to be able to see and be with my fiance. I am just mailing
    >in for my second waiver of inadmissibility just incase my Fiance Visa does not come
    >in time just so that there is no gap in us seeing each other. I have been dealing
    >with the issue of have a criminal record and entering the USA for 2 years now so Yes
    >I do Know what I am talking about

Old May 24th 2002, 9:21 pm

Jade is an unknown quantity at this point

The I601 waiver is required if you have a crime of moral turpitude on your criminal history. You can only apply for the waiver AFTER your visa is denied.
A DUI is very definitely a criminal charge in the US. If you are charged with a DUI you will be arrested - you CAN be arrested for a traffic citation - just try refusing to sign one - however 99.9% of the time you are allowed to sign the ticket promising to either appear on the court date assigned - or enter a plea of guilty by signing the back of the ticket and sending it in with your fine.
My point is - it depends on the crime you commit - if it falls into the crime of moral turpitude category - if it is a felony - if there is a prison record. Then you are looking at the I601 waiver. I can't remember the form # for the waiver your required to get from the US to enter if you have a criminal history - but it's NOT the I601 waiver.
Old May 25th 2002, 5:20 pm
Charles

Jade <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > The I601 waiver is required if you have a crime of moral turpitude on your criminal
    > history. You can only apply for the waiver AFTER your visa is denied. A DUI is very
    > definitely a criminal charge in the US. If you are charged with a DUI you will be
    > arrested - you CAN be arrested for a traffic citation - just try refusing to sign
    > one - however 99.9% of the time you are allowed to sign the ticket promising to
    > either appear on the court date assigned - or enter a plea of guilty by signing the
    > back of the ticket and sending it in with your fine. My point is - it depends on
    > the crime you commit - if it falls into the crime of moral turpitude category - if
    > it is a felony - if there is a prison record. Then you are looking at the I601
    > waiver. I can't remember the form # for the waiver your required to get from the US
    > to enter if you have a criminal history
    > - but it's NOT the I601 waiver.

The answer is I-192 Waiver of inadmissibility or also known as advanced permission to
enter as a non immigrent. Thats what it says on my I-192 waiver of Inadmissibility.