Wikiposts

Police caution issue`

Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:11 am
Mr_pringles

Default Police caution issue`

Hi, I have recentley filled an I-129f petition, It is currently at the CSC. I have just read a different thread on this site about somebody who was denied a K1 visa because they had not declared convictions on the visa waiver form on previous visits to the US.

I do not have any criminal convictions but I do however have a police caution that is 3 years old and it was not a crime involving moral turpitude. I have gone to the US 3 times since the arrest and always ticked no because as far as im aware Ive always answered that question truthfully as it cleary says a crime of moral turpitude.

When my petition finally arrives at the US embassy in london will they deny my K1 because of this?

Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police caution issue`

Originally Posted by Mr_pringles
I have recentley filled an I-129f petition, It is currently at the CSC.
You mean your US citizen fiancee has filed an I-129F petition on your behalf, right?

When my petition finally arrives at the US embassy in london will they deny my K1 because of this?
Hard to say, really. If, at your interview, the officer is not convinced that your indiscretion is as innocent as you are claiming... then perhaps he will deny your K-1 visa. From where I sit... the whole stun gun thing is pretty iffy... and added to the bit where you say you both only sent off one G-325 form instead of four, well... you're really not off to a good start are you?

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police caution issue`

Originally Posted by Mr_pringles
Hi, I have recentley filled an I-129f petition, It is currently at the CSC. I have just read a different thread on this site about somebody who was denied a K1 visa because they had not declared convictions on the visa waiver form on previous visits to the US.

I do not have any criminal convictions but I do however have a police caution that is 3 years old and it was not a crime involving moral turpitude. I have gone to the US 3 times since the arrest and always ticked no because as far as im aware Ive always answered that question truthfully as it cleary says a crime of moral turpitude.

The question on the I-94W asks: “Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or been arrested or convicted for two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more; or been controlled substance trafficker; or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?”

You're probably okay, but it's not sufficient that it's not moral turpitude and you're all okay. If you say what the caution was for, you'll get more input!

BTW, the US Consulate in London says you should apply for a visa for any arrest. This is not the law -- even if the Consulate sometimes appears to believe that they are the law. And they won't penalize you for answering "no" provided you don't fall into any of the categories above. So if you were cautioned for drunk and disorderly, you're good to go. If it was for smoking a joint, you're in waiver territory.