Wikiposts

POE, VWP,

Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:45 am
Just Joined

tinchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default POE, VWP,

Hello everyone at BritishExpats.com

Just would like to know what to do. I went to the states to Newark airport to visit my friends in New Jersey and do a bit of traveling around america as I have never been out of europe before and always wanted to go America. Went on a Visa Waiver Programme and was there from the end of June to the start of Augaust being 6 weeks. I did not book a return flight as I didnt know how long I was going to be in the states for traveling however my father emailed me saying that my grandmother was very ill and it dont look good so he booked me a flight home after being in america for 6 weeks as I was worried about my grandmother, I got home and she wasnt as ill as first feared. My friends back in NJ was still traveling and to clear my mind I wanted to go back for another two or 3 weeks and join them so booked a flight after being in the UK for 2 weeks going back to NewArk. I understand a rule is to stay out of the us as much as you are in? Wish I knew that before I booked my flight and got my VWP again. What I would like to know is, what are the kind of questions he will ask me? what proof do I need to prove Im not immigrating? again I havnt booked a return as I dont know what airport Il end up near when Im done traveling theres talk we was going to do a road trip to florida or upstate New York? lol

Please help me

Ps the reason I havnt booked a return is because its cheaper for me to do one way flights and its more flexible for me.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Default Re: POE, VWP,

He will ask me, the immigration officer sorry I had to rush this post
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask who you booked the one way flights with that were cheaper?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:32 am
Just Joined

If your a student or under 26 its cheaper. Its Sta Travel
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinchy
If your a student or under 26 its cheaper. Its Sta Travel
That is a new one for me.

Anyway, yes to use the VWP one of the conditions is that you have a return ticket, or onward bound.

And I always thought Airlines were pretty strict about this.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Sorry whats an Onward bound? I havnt heard anything from my airline about it.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Hello everyone at BritishExpats.com

Just would like to know what to do. I went to the states to Newark airport to visit my friends in New Jersey and do a bit of traveling around america as I have never been out of europe before and always wanted to go America. Went on a Visa Waiver Programme and was there from the end of June to the start of Augaust being 6 weeks. I did not book a return flight as I didnt know how long I was going to be in the states for traveling however my father emailed me saying that my grandmother was very ill and it dont look good so he booked me a flight home after being in america for 6 weeks as I was worried about my grandmother, I got home and she wasnt as ill as first feared. My friends back in NJ was still traveling and to clear my mind I wanted to go back for another two or 3 weeks and join them so booked a flight after being in the UK for 2 weeks going back to NewArk. I understand a rule is to stay out of the us as much as you are in? Wish I knew that before I booked my flight and got my VWP again. What I would like to know is, what are the kind of questions he will ask me? what proof do I need to prove Im not immigrating? again I havnt booked a return as I dont know what airport Il end up near when Im done traveling theres talk we was going to do a road trip to florida or upstate New York? lol

Please help me

Ps the reason I havnt booked a return is because its cheaper for me to do one way flights and its more flexible for me.
Sorry but can I have help on this situation and not about the flights
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry whats an Onward bound? I havnt heard anything from my airline about it.
In order to use the VWP, you must arrive with a round trip (return) ticket or one that is onward bound.. out of the US/Canada/Mexico/adjacent territory.

You may not have been checked on it the first time you visited, but each visit carries the baggage of past visits.. ie, you were just here etc. They will likely look closer and wonder who's the nice American you met.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:42 am
Just Joined

I have friends here from who I met in England and kept in touch with, what american the friends there?. Would they deny me entry then or is there a good chance of being denied?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Would they deny me entry then or is there a good chance of being denied?
Unless you are a US citizen, there is always a chance of denial. Can they deny you entry? Absolutely, yes. Will they deny you? There is absolutely no way to know ahead of time.

The only way you're going to know for sure, is to try!

Ian
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Will they deny me because I dont have a return flight? If so Could I be like well il book a flight back for 80 days time now if you want (not saying I want to be there till then as I have a job at home) but you know could they then be like ok book it then your fine, I dont know im scared now
Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Will they deny me because I dont have a return flight? If so Could I be like well il book a flight back for 80 days time now if you want (not saying I want to be there till then as I have a job at home) but you know could they then be like ok book it then your fine, I dont know im scared now
You should arrive at the POE with a return ticket in hand. Go ahead and book your return flight for whenever you want within your 90 day limit. You can always change it if you see you're going home sooner or later than you booked.

You should bring proof of your ties to your home country...letter from employer when you need to be back at work, paperwork from school saying you're enrolled and expected back, mortgage or rent paperwork, etc.

Rene
Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You should arrive at the POE with a return ticket in hand. Go ahead and book your return flight for whenever you want within your 90 day limit. You can always change it if you see you're going home sooner or later than you booked.

You should bring proof of your ties to your home country...letter from employer when you need to be back at work, paperwork from school saying you're enrolled and expected back, mortgage or rent paperwork, etc.

Rene
Not all tickets can be changed...those that are often have penalties unless you've paid for a full fare ticket.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not all tickets can be changed...those that are often have penalties unless you've paid for a full fare ticket.
Ah. Then in my opinion he should buy the kind of 1-way ticket back home, that can be changed if necessary. He should buy it before he leaves his home country to visit the USA again.

Rene
Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Ah. Then in my opinion he should buy the kind of 1-way ticket back home, that can be changed if necessary. He should buy it before he leaves his home country to visit the USA again.

Rene
Some airlines charge more than others to change dates of the flight...something for the OP to consider when booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.