Wikiposts

Poe

Old Jul 26th 2004, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

ShirlelyandRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Poe

Do I understand this right? Is JFk the only one right now to give you your 90 day stamp?
Old Jul 26th 2004, 11:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poe

Originally posted by ShirlelyandRay
Do am I understand this right? Is JFk the only one right now to give you your 90 day stamp?

LOL I saw your header and thought Edgar Allen

Yes, it is JFK or nothing.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete

Rete,
Thanks...lol.
Shirley
Old Jul 26th 2004, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Rete,
Thanks...lol.
Shirley
I could understand why you thought that...............
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Do I understand this right? Is JFk the only one right now to give you your 90 day stamp?
Could I ask what is the 90 day stamp. Is this something for fiance's, or will it be something I need as the spouse of a USC.

Only asking as I will probably be flying into Newark, but dont want any additional paperwork to complete when I get there.

Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:36 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by broma25
Could I ask what is the 90 day stamp. Is this something for fiance's, or will it be something I need as the spouse of a USC.

Only asking as I will probably be flying into Newark, but dont want any additional paperwork to complete when I get there.

Thanks
The stamp in question is the temporary right to work one and sadly the chances of you getting a stamp at a POE as a SPOUSE are about 99.9 % against it. IMHO, it is a misguided rule that a spouse would not need/want one less than someone coming here as a fiance/fiancee. However that is the way it is and you can currently expect it to take close to 6 months to get the EAD and then a SSN. Therefore apply for the EAD ASAP after getting here.
Btw, my husband came here on a K3 through Newark from the UK, not once but twice and both times they wouldn't take his "mysterious brown envelope "he got from London.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Originally posted by cindyabs
The stamp in question is the temporary right to work one and sadly the chances of you getting a stamp at a POE as a SPOUSE are about 99.9 % against it. IMHO, it is a misguided rule that a spouse would not need/want one less than someone coming here as a fiance/fiancee. However that is the way it is and you can currently expect it to take close to 6 months to get the EAD and then a SSN. Therefore apply for the EAD ASAP after getting here.
Btw, my husband came here on a K3 through Newark from the UK, not once but twice and both times they wouldn't take his "mysterious brown envelope "he got from London.
thanks for that, however I thought that I had an automatic right to work once I was issued the visa. If I become a LPR why would i not be able to work? Would this be different if I went through JFK.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:57 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that, however I thought that I had an automatic right to work once I was issued the visa. If I become a LPR why would i not be able to work? Would this be different if I went through JFK.
Are you coming here on the K3? Or are you coming in with an immigrant visa through DCF or Consular Processing with an approved 130?
Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Are you coming here on the K3? Or are you coming in with an immigrant visa through DCF or Consular Processing with an approved 130?
I am coming on an immigrant visa, we have filed our I-130 in London, my US husband is resident here in the UK and we will arrive in the US together.

This is why I thought once issued with my visa i need only apply for my SSN when I get there.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:13 am
Sursum corda

I am coming on an immigrant visa, we have filed our I-130 in London, my US husband is resident here in the UK and we will arrive in the US together.

This is why I thought once issued with my visa i need only apply for my SSN when I get there.
and you would be right you lucky lady, ! We're doing it a bit in reverse- he's here with me courtesy of the K3 but now that we have an approved 130, he's going to fly back over to London to get his immigrant visa rather than go through the hassle here with AOS etc.
Best of luck and welcome to the US!
Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

and you would be right you lucky lady, ! We're doing it a bit in reverse- he's here with me courtesy of the K3 but now that we have an approved 130, he's going to fly back over to London to get his immigrant visa rather than go through the hassle here with AOS etc.
Best of luck and welcome to the US!
I will certainly need some luck to get the I-864 complete, I find the form so confusing. We are getting his sister to complete an I-864 as a joint sponsor just in case we dont qualify once we have all our finances calculated. I just hope we can qualify in our own right then we dont have to use hers, but I dont want to get to the interview and they say we dont have enough money/assets to qualify.

We only started this process about 3 weeks ago and im stressed already and wish it were over!!!!

Thanks for the best wishes and may I wish you the same!
Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

broma, that is correct. When you enter with your IV, you are work and travel authorized, already in Perm Resident status, Green Card Holder, however you want to word it, you are basically 'done' when you enter with an IV.
You may find that your SS# is already applied for (via your DS-230) and on its way to your US addy within a couple of weeks. It's always a good idea to wait a business week before checking wtih Social Security, to give time for your name/status to update.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

tutor4tavana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete

Do all "non jfk" airports not put the K1 stamp on the passport?

As I understand (from one your earlier posts), it is the stamp on the passport that activates the k1 and lets you work for 90 days.

I recvd just a stamp on my passport - can I use that stamp in conjunction with my original Soc Sec Number (recvd as a student in 1988) to work?

Thanks.
Tavana
Old Aug 1st 2004, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by meauxna
broma, that is correct. When you enter with your IV, you are work and travel authorized, already in Perm Resident status, Green Card Holder, however you want to word it, you are basically 'done' when you enter with an IV.
You may find that your SS# is already applied for (via your DS-230) and on its way to your US addy within a couple of weeks. It's always a good idea to wait a business week before checking wtih Social Security, to give time for your name/status to update.

Why thank you for that very valuable piece of information. I would have been knocking on the door of the SS office as soon as I landed!!! lol
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Why thank you for that very valuable piece of information. I would have been knocking on the door of the SS office as soon as I landed!!! lol
You may still have too ..That system does not always work..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.