Wikiposts

PM's to Folinskyinla -- NOT

Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PM's to Folinskyinla -- NOT

Hi:

This message is on BritishExpats only.

It has been a long time since I've had to post this message. However, every so often I have to post a gentle reminder -- when I get a PM asking for specific advice on a particular situation.

I'm more than happy to enage in general "conversations" on the list. However, I have to avoid even the appearance of creating an "attorney-client relationship" -- and answering specific private messages may be enough to create such a relationship. [The law school "legal ethics" example is the advice given on the fly at a party].

In a change from past policy, I will take paid consultations on line. However, the PM today that prompts this message was such that I simply recommended a local consulation.

I really do appreciate that people DO respect my wishes on this. These gentle reminders are only posted in response to a PM that comes my AND its been a long time since I posted a reminder.

Good luck.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of
Wink Re: PM's to Folinskyinla -- NOT

if you don't want to receive any PMs, can't you just disable that feature, or just block them?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM's to Folinskyinla -- NOT

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
if you don't want to receive any PMs, can't you just disable that feature, or just block them?
I'm sure he does engage in PM exchanges, but probably not those that ask specific questions or asking advice on a matter.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:48 pm
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It has been a long time since I've had to post this message. However, every so often I have to post a gentle reminder -- when I get a PM asking for specific advice on a particular situation.

I'm more than happy to enage in general "conversations" on the list. However, I have to avoid even the appearance of creating an "attorney-client relationship" -- and answering specific private messages may be enough to create such a relationship. [The law school "legal ethics" example is the advice given on the fly at a party].

In a change from past policy, I will take paid consultations on line. However, the PM today that prompts this message was such that I simply recommended a local consulation.

I really do appreciate that people DO respect my wishes on this. These gentle reminders are only posted in response to a PM that comes my AND its been a long time since I posted a reminder.

Good luck.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon.
Just 'cos I feel all embarrassed about asking a direct question on the board earlier, I'd like to point out it wasn't me that sent the PM :embarrassed:

I know you know it wasn't me, but I wanted the rest of the board to know as well, in fact, if one of the mods can delete that thread...............?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by workboresme
Just 'cos I feel all embarrassed about asking a direct question on the board earlier, I'd like to point out it wasn't me that sent the PM :embarrassed:

I know you know it wasn't me, but I wanted the rest of the board to know as well, in fact, if one of the mods can delete that thread...............?
Hi:

No need to be embarrased. I will confirm that it was not you who made the PM inquiry.

I'm not kiding when I make reference to "gentle reminders." Every so often the reminder becomes necessary. I do not take any offense.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by workboresme
The threads out here are propagated to usenet, so deleted from BE won't delete it, it'll be achieved and all that
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
The threads out here are propagated to usenet, so deleted from BE won't delete it, it'll be achieved and all that
Hi:

There is an option which I exercised on THIS thread to block propogation to usenet.

BTW, I remember on a prior version of Britishexpats it was possible to block propogation of an individual response withIN a string. It seems that this is no longer possible -- its up to the string initiator to do that.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

There is an option which I exercised on THIS thread to block propogation to usenet.

BTW, I remember on a prior version of Britishexpats it was possible to block propogation of an individual response withIN a string. It seems that this is no longer possible -- its up to the string initiator to do that.
Yup, once started, it's going to usenet.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:52 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Good luck.

It's a free country though. people can do as they wish, you choose whether or not to reply.

As a subscriber to the site, I feel that I have the right to PM anyone of my choosing.
However I also believe they have the right to respond or toss it in the trash.......
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc
It's a free country though. people can do as they wish, you choose whether or not to reply.

As a subscriber to the site, I feel that I have the right to PM anyone of my choosing.
However I also believe they have the right to respond or toss it in the trash.......
Hi:

I agree that I can simply chose not to respond and trash the PM. However, one I think it is a little rude -- I respond to say I'm not responding [after all, it is NOT spam]. Second, even to send it to trash is work on my part.

I find that it is actually very rare that I get the PM's asking for direct free information -- and I appreciate the general respect for this that exists here on that score. But every so often, I do post the "gentle reminders."
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:47 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

I agree that I can simply chose not to respond and trash the PM. However, one I think it is a little rude -- I respond to say I'm not responding [after all, it is NOT spam]. Second, even to send it to trash is work on my part.

I find that it is actually very rare that I get the PM's asking for direct free information -- and I appreciate the general respect for this that exists here on that score. But every so often, I do post the "gentle reminders."
didn't we used to have a sticky about this.........I mean I respect your position and all that you have to earn a living and cannot get bogged down with us.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Hi:

Hi:

This is a "bump" -- I feel sympathy for the poster of the PM and her problem IS solvable.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Hi:

Good luck.

Hi:

This is a "bump" -- I have responded to the person who caused this "gentle reminder" -- a paid consultation is in order, even if it is not with me. Although the person has an attorney, there is nothing wrong with obtaining a second opinion.