Wikiposts

Pls Help! ! !

Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

barbiexu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pls Help! ! !

Can anyone tell me what is the best thing to do about the tax returns which is not file yet...? my husband is a self-employed and the company he was leased on didnt release his tax returns for theyear 2002. Now, the USConsular asking for his tax returns but we didnt have what he wants and also he asked for the W-2`s attached from the tax returns.
How about the signed letter of explanation why my husband didnt filing his income tax returns?..would it be help to get approve?.. any advice .. pls help! ! !
Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Why not try giving them copies of the 1999, 2000 & 2001 returns. Then for the 2002 returns he could show them a copy of the forms where he has filed for an extension with the IRS? I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Scout
Why not try giving them copies of the 1999, 2000 & 2001 returns. Then for the 2002 returns he could show them a copy of the forms where he has filed for an extension with the IRS? I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

Cheers,

Leslie
The automatic extension period for federal tax returns for 2002 has passed. It ended on August 15.

One thing you can do is get the income information directly from IRS. If you telephone them and explain that the employer did not provide the required 1099 by January 31 (when it is legally due to the consultant) IRS will show you any income data that they have, and you can file the return based on that. If IRS has none, then you will just have to estimate based on your own bank records, and file your return based on that.

You will not have W-2's if it is a self-employment situation. At best you will have 1099's. Self-employed individuals who do not receive 1099's (which are not required for payments of less than 5K/year from a single source) are supposed to file their *own* 1099's if necessary to support the income shown on the return.

Last edited by Dekka's Angel; Sep 22nd 2003 at 3:14 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 4:24 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: Pls Help! ! !

barbiexu wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what is the best thing to do about the tax returns
    > which is not file yet...?

File them.

my husband is a self-employed and the company
    > he was leased on didnt release his tax returns for theyear 2002.

I don't understand. If he is self-employed. He is the one that is
supposed to file the return. If he is waiting for some other
documentation, he still must file by the due date or apply for an
extension. Are you referring to 1099's or other forms the company he
contracted with did not supply? Are they still in business? Are they
telling him they won't give him the forms? If so, then he should contact
the local IRS office so they can have a chat with the company.

Now,
    > the USConsular asking for his tax returns but we didnt have what he
    > wants and also he asked for the W-2`s attached from the tax returns.

If he is self-employed, he won't have W-2s.

>
    > How about the signed letter of explanation why my husband didnt filing
    > his income tax returns?..would it be help to get approve?.. any advice
    > . pls help! ! !

That won't work, he needs to file his returns. If he is missing
information, he is supposed to obtain it. If he can't obtain it, he is
supposed to note this in writing and provide the information to the best
of his knowledge.