Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please somkebody give me just one glimmer of hope re. past marijuana use

Wikiposts

Please somkebody give me just one glimmer of hope re. past marijuana use

Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:15 am
Banned

Ariadne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please somkebody give me just one glimmer of hope re. past marijuana use

Bump to dsay officially haha the GP refused to release the records they won't say why but I think I know!

This is CRIPPLING me with anxiety. we NEEDED to know. For my sanity I needed to know and now I'm losiong what sghred of sanity the doctor thought they would preserve ironically by refusing my records!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please somkebody give me just one glimmer of hope re. past marijuana use

Originally Posted by Ariadne
... the GP refused to release the records...
Get an attorney and sue the GP for access to the records.

... they won't say why but I think I know!
No, you don't know. You're imagining the worst possible scenario... but in truth, you really don't know.

Ian
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:48 am
Banned

Ariadne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Get an attorney and sue the GP for access to the records.

No, you don't know. You're imagining the worst possible scenario... but in truth, you really don't know.

Ian
It's because they imasgine it could cause me severe mental distress. Or at least I have asked them if this is the reason and they won't tell me so I assume so.

When I applied for the records they forced me to give a reason for wanting themm. they seemed very leery of me applying at all. I told them I wanted them as I was applying for a US visa.

Now the doctor says she will not release the details unless I give them proof US immigration need them.

So I phone up the NHS helpline and tell them I suspect the records have been withheld as I am diagnosed with mental disorders, that I'm well aware I have these disorders and withholding records gets me nowhere.

They offered the option of disclosing my records to US immigration with my permission! GOD NO!

I'm being treated like I'm stupid and don't know I'm diagnosed with a multitude of stuff, treated that way because the multitude of stuff must make me seem borderline retarded.

Hey there's a brainscan on there that proves my temporal lobes have lesions all over them, my GP thought what i had was a "learning disability." Now I work caring for people with actual learning disabilities and I know what she thinks that means.

The other irony is I can't prove the visa is underway. We applied last month and we are still not on the computer system. Neither sare most May filers, there's some delayy or error somewhere. That tracked data may have got me somewhere but no... I have no proof the visa exists. I shouldn't have to do this though, people with mental disabilities deserve to have the same rights as any othder person, and a GP is not a psychiatrist so should not be vable to make the judgement call on whether somebody is mentally proficient to receive such data.

The NHS helpline said I should NOT have been asked for reasons but if I was asked it may be that the GP wants some other authority to authorise the release of the data, as being mentally deficient it seems I don't have that right. Of course they didn't say it in such words but, they implied such. The worst thing is my regular GP has divulged thinfgs on the record to me but the GP who has refused the data has never seen me in her life. I've no clue who she is but apparently I am "under" her? She is my official GP and I've never seen the woman! All I know is I have to phone and speak to her later this afternoon and try to claw my records out of her hands.

Last edited by Ariadne; Jun 8th 2010 at 1:01 am.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ariadne
When I applied for the records they forced me to give a reason for wanting them
And this is why you need an attorney to sue for access.

I have to phone and speak to her later this afternoon and try to claw my records out of her hands.
With respect, you are in a highly agitated state - you are not at your best. You need a disinterested 3rd party (such as an attorney) to work on your behalf - someone who doesn't have a personal stake in the outcome. Indeed, other people have suggested you get an attorney and you seem resistant to the idea... not sure why - it's probably the surest method of getting the result you seem to want, and your own efforts so far have not been successful.

Ian
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why the heck you are doing this to yourself. You don't need your medical records. The US Consulate it not going to ask to see your records.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Rete, neither the the Knightsbridge Doctors or the Embassy need to see your medical records.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:35 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
What psychiatrist? One that you want to see privately? You won't see a psychiatrist for the medical for the visa. That is unless you are on anti-depressants and have been for years.

If you have no criminal conviction of having been found with pot, personally, I would wonder why you would even mention it since it has been over 6 years since your smoked a joint.
My sentiments exactly!

Seriously Ariadne you NEED to step away from the edge here, just reading your posts it's fairly obvious that you are tettering. OK so you had a few problems back in the day that you got sorted with 'alternative' treatment - which worked for you imho probably far better than the legalized 'dope' they had you on. That's in the past. You don't mention a criminal conviction so you're good to as far as that is concerned. If you have no on-going / current problems that you are receiving treatment for or like Rete says you have no long standing prescriptive anti-depressant treatment then imo it shouldn't even be an issue. As far as the past self-harming issue goes, then that in and of itself is NOT cause for your exclusion. People have problems with all kinds of things in their lives, they deal with them and move on - as you have. More power to you!

It seems fairly obvious from your posts that (as has been suggested) you really would probably be best having a one-to-one with a brief who could give you some concrete objective advice on the best way to help you handle this. No disrespect intended but right now you need someone outside of this to help you put it into perspective

Stay strong, think positive

Last edited by Songbird; Jun 8th 2010 at 2:39 pm.