Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please Help!! Question while Completing Form DS-156

Wikiposts

Please Help!! Question while Completing Form DS-156

Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

ithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the rough
Default Please Help!! Question while Completing Form DS-156

Hi folks,

Having received Packet 3 from the London Embassy on Saturday morning and having completed a trial run of copies of all the forms required, I have one question. On Form DS-156 (the one which is completed in duplicate), there is a space on the form in the bottom right hand corner to stick or staple a photograph. Should I go ahead and do this now before returning the forms to the Embassy or should I just take the photographs to the interview with me together with all the other documents? Does anyone have any advice on this??

The checklist states that the photos are listed under "Documents", so Im guesing I dont need to attach them to the form at this stage?

Help please!!

Thanks everyone, for your contributions. they are invaluable!
Ian
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please Help!! Question while Completing Form DS-156

Hi Ian,
As fas as I know, nowhere does it state that we should not attach the photos to the DS-156 applications. Further photos are needed on the day of Interview for medical as well as during the interview. So in my opinion you should attach the photos to the DS-156 forms. Atleast thats what I did. Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

ithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the roughithinessex is a jewel in the rough

Thanks again 21stcenturylove, youre proving to be an invaluable source of info for me!

I guess if it worked for you then I'll do the same with the photo's.

By the way for anyone else reading this, I had 4 photos done at www.passportphoto.co.uk, in Oxford Street London about two weeks ago now. The guy said I would need only one. But already I need two for the DS156 forms and I know I'll need one at the medical. So Im pleased I asked for 4.

As for the interview date, how long did you have to wait for your letter advising you of your interview date after sending back these forms? I see the gap before your interview date is almost 2 months!

Thanks again in anticipation of your reply??

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ithinessex
...As for the interview date, how long did you have to wait for your letter advising you of your interview date after sending back these forms? I see the gap before your interview date is almost 2 months! ...Ian
Normally it takes about 10-14 days to get the packet 4 with the interview date. However, you will get the interview date only after send you the completed Checklist IV. In my case, I requested a date around that time. Remember July is vacation month.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Hi Ian, my fiance has the same question as you. He emailed London this morning so I'm curious to know what their answer was/is.

Melody
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

mpd131 is an unknown quantity at this point

21st century love-- you said you requested a date in July. Just wondering where you requested this? In a cover letter that you included with Packet 3, or somewhere on the forms? My fiance (UK) is in the process of completing his Packet 3 forms and would like an interview around a specific time frame (late Oct-early Nov) if possible...
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again for all your responses. I have spoken to Maria my fiance now, and together with Melody32 and 21stcenturylove's comments I have stapled my pics to the two DS-156 forms and will post the packet 3 forms back today.

Good luck to everyone going through this similar process right now!

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mpd131
21st century love-- you said you requested a date in July. Just wondering where you requested this? In a cover letter that you included with Packet 3, or somewhere on the forms? My fiance (UK) is in the process of completing his Packet 3 forms and would like an interview around a specific time frame (late Oct-early Nov) if possible...
Cover letter is the best way. Also you can indicate the proposed date of travel and marriage in the checklist (there is a place for it in the application somewhere close to your signature). The third way is to follow up with an email to the embassy. No one can garauntee that you will get the dates you request. However, in your case, you need a date only in late oct. So there should be no problem whatsoever in getting those dates.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Alistair is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are already decided, so maybe I am too late, but just thought I would let you know that I had the same question late last year, and went ahead and stapled the pictures to the forms before sending them back. When I went to the interview, the chap actually thanked me for doing it. I had a couple of spare photos with me though - just in case...

Hope that sets your mind at ease!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Response from London:
"You can leave the photos attached to the forms if you have already attached them. If you have attached two photographs then you will just need one more as three are required."
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by melody32
Response from London:
"You can leave the photos attached to the forms if you have already attached them. If you have attached two photographs then you will just need one more as three are required."
That clears it all up. Thanks melody for sharing the news.