Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answer.

Wikiposts

please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answer.

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answ

And somewhere along the line you will be asked if you've ever committed an illegal act for which you were not detained or arrested.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
3. USCIS doesn't ask if you have a criminal record from the last 5 years that will show on a form, it asks if you have ever been arrested or convicted of a CIMT or a controlled substance.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 12:47 am
Just Joined

robb75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answ

I am going to save,hire a good lawyer,admit to the cannabis caution anyway.
I wont misrepresent myself.
I may have unintentionally done enough of that allready.
At least I am going to have the fact I might have misrepresented myself dealt with as soon as I realised I might have done.
The fact it was only just over a gram of cannabis,nowhere near 30 grams and the fact it was purely experimental,and poor judgement on my part.The fact someone at the USCIS would probably see themselves I could have tried hiding the fact,should work in my favour...im hoping anyway! Lol They are only human,right? :s
My misrepresentation,if there was one,could have been worse I suppose.
I could have been a war criminal and ticked no,that would have been an easier question to answer with a yes or a no.
I hope everything on the CRB check shows up,it will show the USCIS that I would make a lousy criminal,if the USCIS saw an enhanced disclosure,they would see that I have been caught for every illegal act which I have committed! Lol
It is true though,and I understand now,that every "caution" that you get under UK law is an admission of guilt for a criminal offence.
You admit guilt as soon as you sign on the dotted line to accept it.
I have been researching inadmissability waivers for extreme hardship,just incase,as a plan B.
I have looked at reasons that can be put forward to the USCIS to demonstrate extreme hardship,and I am confident that,should we need one,my fiancee and I would have a good case to put forward.
Without even thinking too hard about it,we have a couple of the more extreme cases of hardship,then quite a few of the other less extreme cases.
I am sure a lawyer will be able to find if we have anything else we may need to consider,and give me pointers on how to word a letter to an ajudicating officer,if and when i need to hire one with regard to that.

Thanks for your help and usefull links