Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answer.

Wikiposts

please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answer.

Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:30 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answ

Originally Posted by robb75
Jenn,trying to find what is on your criminal record in UK is a joke,no individual can do it,it has to be done through a professional body of some kind,or an potential employer.
That's not true: as long as you have the approximate dates and places of conviction, it is easy, though it may be time consuming, depending on how accurately you know the dates.

Search for posts I have made that include the word "Maidstone." There are several, and most of them tell you how to get copies of your memoranda of conviction.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help? A question Re:crimes of moral turpitude i cant seem to find the answ

Thank you discoviking I appreciate your advice,if my fiancee is on welfare..and my son needs both parents,does anyone know if that is extreme hardship?
Being unemployed is not an extreme hardship in itself, unless there is a good reason why she can't work.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

If my fiancee is on welfare..and my son needs both parents,does anyone know if that is extreme hardship?
Not a particularly strong hardship argument by itself, no.

I know the state i intend to move to likes to keep the father in the childs life as much as possible.
Doesn't matter, immigration law is federal.

her mother needs constant help from her too,as she is very ill with chronic disease.her brother was looking after her mother when she was here with me,but he has since moved away.
You - or your fiancee rather, since she is actually the one who has to demonstrate hardship - might possibly have something to work with there.
Demonstrating extreme hardship is tricky business. I already told you where to go to get an idea of what is involved.

Now, since your fiancee is on welfare at the moment, you have to ask yourself some hard questions. It has already been pointed out to you that the affidavit of support may become an issue, as well as your potential inadmissibilities.

You may all want to go live happily ever after in the US which is fine and dandy, but seriously - what is stopping your fiancee from moving to the UK? Presumably you are currently employed - if your fiancee has not found a job in the US, why do you think you will be more successful? I know that the grass is always greener on the other side - at least until you get there and find that it is just as brown as where you came from - and I am not trying to burst your bubble in any way. But I think a healthy dose of reality is in order. Jobs are not easy to come by in the US at he moment. So you have to ask yourself what is ultimately best for you and your family - especially with a kid involved. US or UK?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:12 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

And even if living in the UK is not an option (namely because of her mother), it still sounds to me like you have no choice but to get an attorney to help you construct what sounds like it will be a difficult hardship waiver.

Catholic Charities provides immigration legal help for little to no cost if you're worrying about money.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:08 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
By George! I think you've solved it! Calling it vegetable matter I'm sure'll work, no intent is a given, and what's an assault or three between friends. Doesn't look like you'll need a lawyer at all. Be sure to let us know how you get on.
Query -- why does everybody depart from the first issue and focus on the second issue? Perhaps he does need a lawyer.

Whatever, since no advice given nor intended.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:18 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Herd instinct?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Query -- why does everybody depart from the first issue and focus on the second issue?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:23 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Query -- why does everybody depart from the first issue and focus on the second issue? Perhaps he does need a lawyer.
Because he's determined to force a solution through in his mind despite the fact that his case is clearly beyond a lay person's approach. He requires validation from this forum, and, being the nice person I am, I happily provided it for him in my last post. We can sit discussing it till the cows come home, but his only hope of ever gaining residency in the US is to get an attorney.

But you're right about the priority of the issues. There has been little discussion of why someone who is on welfare in the US fled the horrors of the NHS in Blighty. I'm unsure though that a lawyer is the person I would turn to for professional advice on this particular one.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

How much 'better' will the fiance's birth experience be compared to the NHS if she's on welfare?

Fatbrit beat me to it.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:40 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
How much 'better' will the fiance's birth experience be compared to the NHS if she's on welfare?

Fatbrit beat me to it.
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=57656.0

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=9.0

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=8.0

Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

robb75 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son was delivered in the united states with privately funded healthcare,not anything to do with welfare,she doesnt trust uk hospitals,superbugs,things like that,which she saw in our news.She wanted our son delivered by a specific doctor,in the united states,which is exactly what she got..
It wasnt just the nhs here one of the reasons that she thinks we should move there,she had a bad experience with alot of things in the uk,including the rising crime figures..where she is from there is hardly any crime at all.
As for sponsors,i have cousins and other relatives that are U.S. Citizens who have offered to sponsor me.
Does it have to be my fiancee who sponsors me?Or any U.S. Citizen?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Does it have to be my fiancee who sponsors me?Or any U.S. Citizen?
Your fiance has to sponsor you for the actual immigration benefit and file the affidavit of support along with that. If she doesn't meet the requirements then other qualifying people can be joint "financial" sponsors. Check the form.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:02 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

As for sponsors,i have cousins and other relatives that are U.S. Citizens who have offered to sponsor me.
Why not! If your cousin runs a functioning nanotechnology company and is looking for a nanatechnologist with the requisite PhD, I don't see any problems with his company sponsoring you for a variety of visas. I'm assuming you're qualified, of course. And you've still got those hurdles we discussed previously to overcome, though they fade a little if you go for a non-immigrant visa.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Why not!
hey, hey now.. sounds like he was asking about financial sponsorship, not petitioning.
OP will get the message, or not, but don't take it personally.

Any US citizen or Permanent Resident, domiciled in the US and financially qualified & willing may be a "Joint Sponsor".
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:56 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by meauxna
hey, hey now.. sounds like he was asking about financial sponsorship, not petitioning.
OP will get the message, or not, but don't take it personally.

Any US citizen or Permanent Resident, domiciled in the US and financially qualified & willing may be a "Joint Sponsor".

Sorry! I missed the part where we'd solved the other issues discussed at the beginning.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Chris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud of

Sorry to jump in with an unrelated dumbass question... but where is the wiki for abbreviations located again? Every now and then I come up against one that I can't figure out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.