Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please apologize ~ you can vote as a Green Card holder

Wikiposts

Please apologize ~ you can vote as a Green Card holder

Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please apologize ~ you can vote as a Green Card holder

Originally Posted by nettlebed
It's pretty straighforward, isn't it? It's one of the five senses: seain, tuchin, smelin, taystin and herein!
Thanks for the laugh! Karma coming your way for this!

Ian
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:41 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yah! When she was born, the doctor should have slapped her mother!

Ian
Now thats funny Ian

Call me stupid if you like but when one mentions being able to vote I always asume one is talking about the election for President as Im sure a lot of others do too & as the OP didnt make themselves clear I for one am not offering an apology!

P.S Ian I tried to send you some Karma but seems my Karma has turned to butter too & needs spreading. IOU

Last edited by shepslady; Jul 20th 2005 at 1:43 am.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
... as the OP didnt make themselves clear I for one am not offering an apology!
I agree! It's well known to the gentle readers in this forum, that I have little tolerance for stupidity and will, more often than not, chide and ridicule those whose penchant for stupidity seems to get the better of them. But I've got to hand it to RTI... she has taken stupidity to new heights.

Sometimes, I think it might be worth facing a ban from the moderators just so I can honestly comment on her questionable ancestry, her mother's apparent conjugal relationship with a simian, and that her son looks more like her father than her husband. But y'know... I do enjoy watching her implode every so often.

Ian
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:22 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retire to Italy
In the absense of an apology I reserve my right to take any and all
actions appropriate have regard to all the circumstance of the matters
herein.
Oh brother.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I am just soo sad to see all who with some venom and threats of
reporting attacked my post in the context of voting.
May be they just are not informed as to the facts but it is clearly
established by law and statute that Green card holders may vote in
American local elections as has been pointed out herein.
I would never urge anyone to break the law and as you can now see I did
not.
Perhaps those herein who "think" they know better might have the spirit
to apolozise and also to retract any reports made in error.
I expect many many herein are not aware that they may register to vote
upon receipt of a GC.
herein.Julia
Actually I think I read this before in an Insurance policy ..all those comment were herein..

I can see an action being brought against you though ..for the unlicenced practise of stupidity..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:25 am
Expat Aussie

Location: Gainesville, VA, USA / Alice Springs, NT, Australia
AussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant future

I am just soo sad to see
<snip>
bla-bla-bla....
</snip>
Julia

OK, here goes...

I apoligize for being able to vote as a Green Card holder.

Cheers,
Steve.

P.S. blow it out your arse...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:28 am
Expat Aussie

AussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AussieSteve
OK, here goes...

I apoligize for being able to vote as a Green Card holder.

Cheers,
Steve.

P.S. blow it out your arse...
Before you all hound me like a pack of rabid dogs, I know it's 'apologize' :-)
I've been taking spelling lessons from RTI...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually apologise....

Now what am I apologising for?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:39 am
Expat Aussie

Originally Posted by Boiler
Actually apologise....
OK, but when in Rome....
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:44 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

OK, but when in Rome....
Agree with that one but sometimes its just so hard to change completely. I tend to spell the American way over here but have to revert back to the English way when Im corresponding with those from home or I never hear the end of how American Ive become
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:53 am
Expat Aussie

Originally Posted by shepslady
Agree with that one but sometimes its just so hard to change completely. I tend to spell the American way over here but have to revert back to the English way when Im corresponding with those from home or I never hear the end of how American Ive become
LOL, I do the same thing (usually). Friends from home that have visited me here in the US think that my speech has slowed down, but still has the Aussie sound. The most common complaint I had from Americans when I first got here was that I talked too fast. Oh, and apparently I can't say 'Coke' properly either, so now I just ask for Pepsi :-)
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:35 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Please apologize ~ you can vote as a Green Card holder

An Aussie, eh?

<KBW>
"Apologise? Apologise? Apologise to who?"
"Just go in and ask for Operator 42"
</KBW>

Any suggestions as to where Julia ought to stick that *&^$&*! phone?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:01 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

LOL, I do the same thing (usually). Friends from home that have visited me here in the US think that my speech has slowed down, but still has the Aussie sound. The most common complaint I had from Americans when I first got here was that I talked too fast. Oh, and apparently I can't say 'Coke' properly either, so now I just ask for Pepsi :-)

Lol I will never lose my kiwi accent either but do try to make myself understood by slowing down when I remember. I dont have a problem with coke its Pepsi that causes me grieve & thats a huge problem cos I dont like Coke
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:09 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just soo sad to see all who with some venom and threats of
reporting attacked my post in the context of voting.

May be they just are not informed as to the facts but it is clearly
established by law and statute that Green card holders may vote in
American local elections as has been pointed out herein.

I would never urge anyone to break the law and as you can now see I did
not.

Perhaps those herein who "think" they know better might have the spirit
to apolozise and also to retract any reports made in error.

I expect many many herein are not aware that they may register to vote
upon receipt of a GC.

herein.

Julia
Julia:

Non-citizens may NOT vote in "local" elections UNLESS there is a "local" statute or ordinance that permits such voting. ["Local" is meant as state or lower jurisdiction.]

It is true that there are SOME local jurisdictions that allow for limited voting. However, there are very few such jurisdictions.

When in doubt, an alien should NOT vote in ANY election.

p.s. -- I was the attorney on the only published voting decisions in the context of the immigration laws. Although the decision was quite narrow, the briefing covered a lot of area.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:18 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Julia:

Non-citizens may NOT vote in "local" elections UNLESS there is a "local" statute or ordinance that permits such voting. ["Local" is meant as state or lower jurisdiction.]

It is true that there are SOME local jurisdictions that allow for limited voting. However, there are very few such jurisdictions.

When in doubt, an alien should NOT vote in ANY election.

p.s. -- I was the attorney on the only published voting decisions in the context of the immigration laws. Although the decision was quite narrow, the briefing covered a lot of area.

Thankyou for clarifying that Mr F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.