Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Permanent Resident with conditions removed

Permanent Resident with conditions removed

Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Anna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really nice
Default Permanent Resident with conditions removed

Good morning,
Thank you to everyone who helped me on this site a year or two ago.

I married my USC husband on August 26th 2008. I was very concerned about whether I would receive a conditional PR status as I had one caution and one conviction. These were minor and for shoplifting while in an abusive relationship nine years earlier. But I was very worried about the consequences for my PR application. I have also traveled extensively in my life, including to Islamic countries.

I received my conditional two year PR in March 2009 (after the interview from hell).

I successfully had the conditions removed in March 2011. No interview. No follow-up questions. Perfect.

Thank you again.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Resident with conditions removed

Congratulations! Will you be applying for US Citizenship?

Rene
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:52 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! May I ask what your timeline was regarding the removal of conditions and what service center you sent it to? We recently applied for my husbands removeal of conditions . He had his biometrics a month agao and we applied at VSC.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I too am interested in what Penguinbar asked, if you don't mind sharing...I applied to remove my conditions last month (03/31) at VSC, received NOA 04/05

p.s. CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited by welshgirl1; Apr 20th 2011 at 12:47 am. Reason: To add my congrats!