British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Passports arrived today! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/passports-arrived-today-660083/)

jeepgirluk Mar 18th 2010 9:02 pm

Passports arrived today!

A very friendly courier delivered our passports and our big brown envelopes today! Wooo hooo! We are nearly there. We fly on Tuesday. Packing and sorting. Very excited. Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Noorah101 Mar 18th 2010 9:09 pm

Re: Passports arrived today!

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk (Post 8430579)
A very friendly courier delivered our passports and our big brown envelopes today! Wooo hooo! We are nearly there. We fly on Tuesday. Packing and sorting. Very excited. Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Cool, very exciting! :)

Rene

Rich_L Mar 18th 2010 10:02 pm

Congrats!

My 'mystery package' is due tomorrow morning before 10am, I hope it's a nice one with an approval in. :)

Helen23 Mar 18th 2010 11:02 pm

Congrats!

Wish you all the best I cant wait till the day my brown packet arrives!:thumbup:

EddieIp Mar 18th 2010 11:12 pm

Good job JG... still waiting patiently...

if you don't mind me asking, what number did you call @ the US Embassy, think I'll have to chase up now. :fingerscrossed:

traceym Mar 19th 2010 12:44 am

Great feeling isnt it! Congratulations.

Chrissie85 Mar 19th 2010 2:22 am

YAY!!! Congratulations!!

NY....not too far from myself when you move!! :0)

jeepgirluk Mar 19th 2010 8:40 am

Originally Posted by EddieIp (Post 8430880)
Good job JG... still waiting patiently...

if you don't mind me asking, what number did you call @ the US Embassy, think I'll have to chase up now. :fingerscrossed:

Hi Eddie,

I didn't call - the day that I started to worry was the day that the DX Courier website had our information for delivery updated.

Rich_L Mar 19th 2010 8:54 am

When I phoned up the Embassy on their 'price of a pint every 2 minutes' premium phone line, I thought I'd ask what they actually could do, to avoid having to call again.

Basically if you sent your passport in with additional documents, they said to expect 10-15 working days to hear from the Embassy. (mine was 11). They couldn't provide any information on the status of the application, but said if I hadn't heard anything after 4 weeks (20 working days) to call them and they would give me a code to e-mail to get in touch.

In other words, it's pretty pointless (and expensive) to phone unless you are significantly outside the 'normal' parameters, as otherwise you will just be paying lots of money to be told '10-15 working days'. :)

savannah_girl Mar 19th 2010 11:13 am

Many congratulations & safe travels for Tuesday.

My husband is waiting for the package to arrive, and for some sort of indication when. Nothing yet... and nothing on the DX tracking site. Your visa was approved on the 5th and it JUST arrived? That makes me think the "5 business days" guideline they gave him is not so accurate? :confused:

EddieIp Mar 19th 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks JG. Mucho gracias!

@Rich_L, cheers for the info.. gathered the steal money phone numbers are pretty much useless.

@savannah_girl, i think it takes 3-5 days when they have the stamp of approval completed from their end. Who knows how long it takes the US Embassy folks to get moving.

lansbury Mar 19th 2010 5:22 pm

Now all the have to worry about is losing the MBE or it mysteriously suffers damage which renders it open. Still Tuesday isn't to long to guard it. :lol:

Congratulations, almost here.

traceym Mar 19th 2010 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 8432792)
Now all the have to worry about is losing the MBE or it mysteriously suffers damage which renders it open. Still Tuesday isn't to long to guard it. :lol:

I developed the Immigration demons when mine arrived and decided the house was going to burn down with the Passports and MBE, so wherever I went they went for a week! OCD or what :rofl:

jeepgirluk Mar 19th 2010 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by traceym (Post 8433064)
I developed the Immigration demons when mine arrived and decided the house was going to burn down with the Passports and MBE, so wherever I went they went for a week! OCD or what :rofl:

OMG! I was walking home this evening, smelled smoke and decided that it must have been a house-fire. My house. Everything I owed. Gone. Including our precious passports with visas inside and the MBEs! :rofl:

I am so ready to get on the plane now. Nearly there.

ChelseaTractor Mar 20th 2010 7:05 pm

Congratulations! I fly out on Tuesday too...see you in the bar maybe! All the best...good luck!:thumbsup: