passport question

Old May 28th 2003, 1:29 am
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passport question

ok, on my sons british passport it states that it is only valid until september of this year. How do i get his passport renewed and do they transfer his visa (used k2 visa) and his stamp for conditional residency?

thanks
Old May 28th 2003, 2:10 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport question

Originally posted by K
ok, on my sons british passport it states that it is only valid until september of this year. How do i get his passport renewed and do they transfer his visa (used k2 visa) and his stamp for conditional residency?

thanks
The K1 and K2 visa's are one time entry visa's, once you have entered on one they become redundant as you then have to AOS after marriage. So if you are entering the US before September there is no problem, if you are not then get a new passport and enter on the new one and show the old one with the stamp in it.

Patrick
Old May 28th 2003, 2:25 am
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, and thanks for replying

i am already in the usa, the aos has just been completed. the passports have the i551 stamped in them. I need to know that as my sons passport is going to need renewal how does the i551 stamp out of his passport get transferred and how do we go about getting his passport revalidated.

thanks
Old May 28th 2003, 2:29 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry don't know the answer to that one, the British embassy can't put one in his passport. I am still going with the carry the old passport with you card (as its the only one I have). Hope someone else has some better advice

Patrick

Originally posted by K
hi there, and thanks for replying

i am already in the usa, the aos has just been completed. the passports have the i551 stamped in them. I need to know that as my sons passport is going to need renewal how does the i551 stamp out of his passport get transferred and how do we go about getting his passport revalidated.

thanks
Old May 28th 2003, 6:14 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: passport question

K wrote:
    > hi there, and thanks for replying
    >
    > i am already in the usa, the aos has just been completed. the passports
    > have the i551 stamped in them. I need to know that as my sons passport
    > is going to need renewal how does the i551 stamp out of his passport get
    > transferred and how do we go about getting his passport revalidated.

If the I-551 (green) card has not been received, then you could take the
new passports to BCIS and get an I-551 stamp.

Old May 28th 2003, 7:37 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

You get the passports renewed through the British Embassy in Washington D.C. btw. Take a look at this site:

http://www.britainusa.com/consular/o...5&Other_ID=205