Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Parting Message from Folinskyinla.

Parting Message from Folinskyinla.

Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:22 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parting Message from Folinskyinla.

Hello all, and happy Thanksgiving!
Apparently Mr. Folinsky has terminated his BE account. I believe he enjoyed his participation on the website and that he felt he had some friends on the board. Since he’s unable to post himself, he has asked me to post for him a parting message to the group. As his friend, I am honoring his request.

-//-

Dear Friends:

As many of you know, I will no longer post on BE. I have asked Sue to remove me as a member. The necessity of doing this saddens me.

I would like to point to rule #1 of the Site Rules: "BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is 'in it together,' please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack."

I have often indirectly advised posters of rule #1 with the admonition of "Be nice." With the above rule and that admonition, I simply believe that people should act with courtesy and respect. In other words, one should be polite. There is no excuse to be impolite.

Unfortunately, I have seen increasing encroachment on the above rule and concepts in many posts. To be honest, I have found this has been a matter of increasing irritation. I have reached my level of toleration and have found it necessary to leave.

That said, I would suggest that people should take the above rules to heart and simply post with courtesy and respect. I have participated in a moderated forum where the moderator enforces what he calls "living room rules" -- post as if you are a guest in another person's house.

For those of you that may be in contempt of the above concepts, I have nothing to say.

Good luck to all of you.

-------------------------------

-- Stuart I. Folinsky
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parting Message from Folinskyinla.

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
As his friend, I am honoring his request.
Matt - thanks for posting! I appreciate it.

Ian
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:51 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Certainly is a shame. Good man who gives great advice.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Its saddening that it got to such a bad way that he had to leave

I enjoyed reading his replies and will sorely miss the advice he gives and his regular sayings.

thankyou Mr. F for participating on this forum, we will miss you!!!

x
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:22 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I just stumbled across this and I feel really, really sad. On today of all days, this is like losing a friend. While I obviously respect Mr. Folinsky's opinion, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed and just, well, BUMMED. And of course I can't help wondering if I, in any way at all, contributed to his decision to leave BE. I certainly hope not, although I've been known to get snippy with some people now and again. I don't know if he'll ever read this, but if he does, I'd like to ask Mr. F to reconsider, and this:

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your trouble to be free."

~ Jenney
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:13 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I am also sad about Folinskyinla's discission, over the years I have really enjoyed his posts not that I could make much sense of some of them

Never the less a very nice, kind man who has contributed immensely to this site

If you do happen to read this thread THANK YOU
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame! I hope he reconsiders.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that really is a huge loss. I personally never had much interaction with Mr. Folinskyinla, but read all his responses, guy gave a ton of FOC advice.
I did at times feel there was some animosity, towards Mr. F, or maybe a tone.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no Mr. Folinsky
We will miss you.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 27th 2009 at 2:10 pm. Reason: Let's leave this as a goodbye thread to Mr. Folinsky who has been a BE member for a great number of years.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:56 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. F. I have no idea if you are reading this or not - but regardless I would like to thank you for your invaluable contribution to this site. I'm sorry that you felt it necessary to depart, your input will be sorely missed. Best regards.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 27th 2009 at 2:10 pm. Reason: I know you understand the pruning.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

WOW !!! I remember Folinskyinla when I first started my queries to get my now husband over to the US in 2002 on a K-1. I'm sure he had been on before then, but that is when I first remember him. The end of an era.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Three things happen when Lawyer get old ..

Some lay back and go with the flow far easier
Some get het up about something they would never even notice a while back
Some get themselves an imdb.com listing

of course we alll know how seething he is going to get when he reads something and cannot respond ...

Take care Stuart ....
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
What a shame! I hope he reconsiders.
I seem to remember reading a thread indicating that he either quit the board or came close once before (years ago), and obviously reconsidered then.

At the risk of repeating an old comment:

He certainly was the full package. No other poster here could elate, irritate, inform and confuse all in the same post.

He will be conspicuous by his absense.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

A loss to BE.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 27th 2009 at 4:57 pm. Reason: Deleted your question. Not the place for such a question. Folinskyinla decision was his to make.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

I think Folinskyinla made his point and I can see where he is coming from. Certainly a great big loss to BE and I still thank him for his more than valuable input for my very first post ever (as well as those that followed) on this forum. I do still live in hope that he will refect at some point in the future and decide to return. The guys and gals who benefit from his sound advice far outnumber the rude ones who refuse to take on board the truth of the US immigration system.

Thanks for everything, Folinskyinla!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.