Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Parents sponsorship and I-864 questions

Parents sponsorship and I-864 questions

Old Aug 16th 2020, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

ivanbaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Parents sponsorship and I-864 questions

Hello,
I am sponsoring my parents who are in India and their initial application has been approved (i-130). Now, I have been asked to fill out Affidavit of Support. I checked 125% poverty level and looks like I can support my parents based on my income only , without needing my wife income. I have following questions -

1. Do I have to include my wife income to support since we file for tax return jointly?
2. Do I have to submit last 3 W2, last 3 yrs of IRS Transcripts and Federal Tax return?
3. Does it matter if I put my dad or mom name as Principal Immigrant and one of them in Family member?
4. Is there any other I-864 (such as 864A or 864EZ) needs to be filled out (I do not think so) but still like to verify?

Thanks much for your help in advance.

Old Aug 16th 2020, 10:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents sponsorship and I-864 questions

1. No
2. If using official tax transcripts, you don't need a copy of the return and W2.
3. Each parent needs his/ her own I-864, so on your dad's, his name will be principle immigrant, and on your mom's, her name will be principal immigrant. You sent in two I-130's, right? One for each parent.
4. No.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2020, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Parents sponsorship and I-864 questions

Yes, correct. I sent two I-130 for my mom and dad.
I see. I will do individual I-864 for my parents.
Yes, I got transcript from IRS site.

Last edited by ivanbaba; Aug 16th 2020 at 11:43 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 11:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you are using your IRS Federal Return (which should be the tax transcript) and you have filed joint with your spouse, then you need to include your W2 to indicate which portion of the income is yours.

Treat each individual I-130 and its required documentation requested by the NVC as individual petitions which might mean duplicate inclusion of documents.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 16th 2020 at 11:43 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

I-864 parents immigration

I am not entirely sure which one to select on I-864. Can someone share their knowledge with me pls. I am sponsoring my parents and they will come together if their application gets approved.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 12:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like number 1 to me.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2020, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

I agree with you on number 1 after reading couple of times.

Last edited by ivanbaba; Aug 17th 2020 at 1:17 am.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will they be working in the US or are they are of retirement age. Always the issue with sponsoring Parents.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Will they be working in the US or are they are of retirement age. Always the issue with sponsoring Parents.
They are in their 60's.......
Old Aug 17th 2020, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
They are in their 60's.......
Obviously meeting the basics will not hack it, hopefully they have good pensions/savings they can show.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 4:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Not eligible for SS or Medicare. They're going to need a lot of money to survive.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

They are in their 60s. Most likely not going to work when they get here.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by ivanbaba
They are in their 60s. Most likely not going to work when they get here.
Just make sure you and/ or they can cover the cost of health insurance and medical expenses.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for pointing it out.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by civilservant
Not eligible for SS or Medicare. They're going to need a lot of money to survive.
Currently can buy into Medicare after 5 years as a LPR. Not cheap, what it will be in 5 years who knows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.