parents sponsorship

Old Feb 12th 2019, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

ivanbaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation parents sponsorship

Hello All,
I have few questions and hoping to get help from this amazing forum.

I am looking to sponsor my parents to USA but I found out that my parents have lost their marriage certificate. Is there any other option other if we cannot get a copy from the registrar's office.
can someone confirm with me that I just need to submit I-130 first and wait for its approval before I submit other forms ?
I have my dad name different on my and his passport. Can I just submit an affidavit stating that these two names belong to same person ?

Thanks much in advance.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 9:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parents sponsorship

Are both your parents named on your birth certificate?
Old Feb 12th 2019, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Yes both of their names are on my birth certificate.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 10:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanbaba
Yes both of their names are on my birth certificate.
So it might be unusual to not have a marriage certificate, but as you are sponsoring them both as your parents I don't believe that it will be a fundamental problem to not have their marriage certificate as they are both demonstrably your parents.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your quick input Pulaski I am trying to see if they can get it from registrar office.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 10:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to submit an I-130 plus whatever backup documents the I-130 instructions ask for. You need to file an I-130 package for each parent, with a separate fee payment for each one.

After that, once the I-130 gets approved, the case will go to NVC where they will ask for more documents and the affidavits of support. Then there will be the medical exams and visa interview. If approved, they will each get an Immigrant Visa. When they enter the USA using that visa, they become US PRs immediately.

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2019, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Noorah101 That was my understanding but just wanted someone's clarification.

Old Feb 13th 2019, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a problem getting a copy of their marriage certificate? Assuming they were married in the UK, you/they should be able to get one here: https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-...ge-certificate
Old Feb 13th 2019, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Well not from UK
Old Feb 14th 2019, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Are your parents intending to work when in the US?

If not, have you thought how you are going to fund their health care insurance?
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

they are planning on working but also looking other option of funding their insurance ...Any suggestion ?
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by ivanbaba
they are planning on working but also looking other option of funding their insurance ...Any suggestion ?
GoFundMe?

Bear in mind that the often given recommendation is that a couple in the US should aim to retire with $250,000 in the bank to fund medical insurance and out of pocket expenses during retirement, and that assumes that they are Medicare-eligible, which your parents won't be for at least five years after they arrive in the US. Until they become Medicare eligible, assuming that they remain more or less healthy, they should budget a bare minimum of $1,000/mth each, for insurance, and then occasional visits to a doctor may cost them $100-$200/ visit, assuming the resulting prescription isn't too expensive. If they get seriously ill the out of pocket costs could be very much higher.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 14th 2019 at 8:30 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of sheer curiosity, how old are they?

They may struggle to find suitable employment. Most old people I see tend to be greeters or cashiers at larger stores (Walmart, Home Depot etc).

Not saying that's the only employment they'll possibly find but, it's something to be aware of that even if they may have a job they still may not have access to sufficient healthcare.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by BenK91
…. They may struggle to find suitable employment. Most old people I see tend to be greeters or cashiers at larger stores (Walmart, Home Depot etc). ....
Round here most cashiers and customer assistants seem to be college age kids, and some middle aged, I see only a few people close to or beyond retirement age, even at Lowes and HD. The era of the old duffer working as a greeter at Walmart seems to have ended.

I don't know if there is an age cap, but round here a lot of school bus drivers seem to be old f@rts.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Round here most cashiers and customer assistants seem to be college age kids, and some middle aged, I see only a few people close to or beyond retirement age, even at Lowes and HD. The era of the old duffer working as a greeter at Walmart seems to have ended.

I don't know if there is an age cap, but round here a lot of school bus drivers seem to be old f@rts.
Most college-age kids in CO are trust fund babies from LA so, they don't work those kinda jobs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.