Wikiposts

Overstayed on VWP by 6 Years...

Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overstayed on VWP by 6 Years...

Originally Posted by kittie1823
No the forms were all ready to be mailed, but then it just never happened.
So, back to Square One.
That will not help you. (but I WAS gonna diet today )

Sorry we are not getting you any closer to an answer to your problem. There are all sorts of angles a good attorney can help you explore.. humanitarian grounds etc.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

kittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
So, back to Square One.
That will not help you. (but I WAS gonna diet today )

Sorry we are not getting you any closer to an answer to your problem. There are all sorts of angles a good attorney can help you explore.. humanitarian grounds etc.
No no, it's fine. I appriciate the help Yeah been looking for lawyers and just need someone who can give me a free consultation cause don't have a whole lot of money (would have to save because my job doesn't pay a whole lot at the moment...)
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:41 am
Just Joined

SeanVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittie1823
I'm in a right mess and I was wondering if you can help me.

I was on a VWP in 2003 and I fully intended to come home again in two months time after spending the summer in the US. One thing led to another, I fell in love with a nice US citizen, we got married and had a child. Our daughter will be 6 years old next April. We're divorced now but were married for 4 years after trying to make a decent shot at it.

While I was there, I kept my nose clean, paid my taxes, never broke the law and never worked. I was a stay at home mom raising my daughter. My VWP ran out before she was born and I stayed a while longer in the US after me and my ex husband were divorced, kinda just bumming around at peoples houses and living off whatever they would give me. I've never worked a day during my time in the US and I was there for six years.

Eventually, I was tired of being broke and unable to support my daughter so I came to an agreaance with my ex that I'd talk to the UK embassy to try and get back home. My passport had expired in 2008...a year beforehand. The UK embassy helped me out with an emergency passport to get home again (albeit at a steep cost). They told me that this was the best thing for me to do rather than a straightforward deportation because it would mean that I would be able to re enter the US to see my daughter. Before then though, I fell for a nice man from SC and we've been together almost two years now.

I'd like to go back to the US for my daughter's sixth birthday in April and to see my boyfriend in the meantime. Am I subject to a 10 year ban or would I be okay because I was not deported or removed from the US? I'd really like to know before I start saving to leave in April. If I can't go, I'll just go on holiday somewhere else next year. I'd rather know before hand than risk it and lose money...

Thankyou very much for any advice you might have
you should have just lost your passport and gone on a new one. then reentered it would have been OK i know someone who did that
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeanVA
you should have just lost your passport and gone on a new one. then reentered it would have been OK i know someone who did that
This is very bad advice. Whether someone else got away with it or not, it's not advisable to tell someone to do it. Her name and previous status in the USA stays the same, regardless of what passport she's using. Plus, claiming she lost her passport when she did not, is lying. Something you NEVER want to do with immigration.

Rene
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:58 am
Just Joined

SeanVA is an unknown quantity at this point

whats that got to do with it?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why did you not follow your own advice?

To the OP, there was a sort of similar case on Visajourney, she did get a B2 with a waiver. I would at least give it a go.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you get it?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I presume you are replying to my post? I asked because you have advised someone to break the law. Lying and saying you've lost your passport is fraud. When you apply for a PP you have to sign the document...at the bottom of said document is this warning:

"CAUTION

You are warned that the making of an untrue statement for the purpose of procuring a passport is a criminal offence."

Then you go one step further by advising the OP to deceive US Immigration.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

you should have just lost your passport and gone on a new one. then reentered it would have been OK
Perhaps instead of giving stupid advice, you should worry about your own 10-year ban from the US.

Ian