Overstayed tourist visa

Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

huacheetah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overstayed tourist visa

Thanks for all the replies guys. I appreciate the help, having an idea what to expect She didn't have a vwp, she had a visa. What can she do, if anything, to correct the situation from the States? Could she work with an attorney and become a legal permanent resident at this point? Or is that impossible? If she could, any idea how much that might cost? Attorney fees, etc.? Thanks again.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helpmeplease123
She and others like her are the reason why genuine non-immigrants face a tough time getting to the US, even when they have absolutely no intention of doing anything wrong. i apologise for adding this, as I know it adds nothing to the conversation BUT it really frustrates me that there are people here trying to find out ways that this person would not receive a penalty for these actions.
I know, my parents-in-law are coming to visit soon, and I was so worried they wouldn't be given visas! I'm delighted the embassy gave them tourist visas though and they are good for ten years! Crossing my fingers that everything goes well!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by huacheetah
Thanks for all the replies guys. I appreciate the help, having an idea what to expect She didn't have a vwp, she had a visa. What can she do, if anything, to correct the situation from the States? Could she work with an attorney and become a legal permanent resident at this point? Or is that impossible? If she could, any idea how much that might cost? Attorney fees, etc.? Thanks again.
Does her son intend to naturalize as a USC?

If so, how long before he is eligible?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is she single, does she have a USC Boyfriend?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

What can she do, if anything, to correct the situation from the States? Could she work with an attorney and become a legal permanent resident at this point? Or is that impossible?
We are really not talking about a friends mother here, are we.....

Anyway.......

Given that she entered with inspection, she may be able to adjust status in the US if she fits into a category where a visa number is immediately available, i.e if she has a US Citizen spouse or a US citizen child over the age of 21 that can sponsor her. A consultation with an attorney is definitely in order at this point, though.

Have your friend visit http://immigrate2us.net and look at their list of recommended attorneys in the FAQ section of the site.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, thanks a lot guys!

I guess her other son is a USC. (I thought he was a legal permanent resident, but he's a USC.)

Thanks, I appreciate your contributions. So there's hope it may work out for her to legalize her status here. That's good.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, thanks a lot guys!

I guess her other son is a USC. (I thought he was a legal permanent resident, but he's a USC.)

Thanks, I appreciate your contributions. So there's hope it may work out for her to legalize her status here. That's good.
Assuming she herself wants to live permanently in the USA.

Rene