Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

ok anyone is capable of hitting the search button here, so you really don't need to recap. Are you just trying to get more people on your side, if there is such a thing? Alas no employment where?
I have a job here so get your facts straight...and I had a job there for the majority of the time (just didn't pay enough to meet the rent) So what if I was confused or had problems? Everyone does, and I don't know why you randomly and continuously try to fuss with me about them. One day its' hey I wish the best for you and your family, the next it is infotec is an a$$hole. Make up your mind already. Your sly comments will never serve as a prohibition to progress, after all you were one of the people who said that I would not or should not be entitled to a fee waiver, but I got one anyway. Get your control issues straightened out. If you randomly start crap with me, then I will do the same in return.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

Originally posted by Ranjini
Your plan, I think, is that you file DCF and then return to the US. It would appear that you don't need to return to for the interview?? Your wife attends on her own. In which case, you're looking at 12 weeks according to Dimsie who posts here. My personal feeling is that you won't need this waiver because her overstay was only 177 (maybe 144 if the overstay clock stops when you file AOS -- again not sure. I am not a lawyer, I could be wrong. You badly need a lawyer to straighten all this out, Infotec But maybe you could wing it, hard to say...
thanks again, I am going to guess that I wouldn't need to go for the waiver..but still that is our best guess....I wish I could afford a lawyer, but I just cannot at this point...unless I get the job in question back in the states (or my old one back as Rete so affectionately puts it)
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:06 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by infotec28
thanks again, I am going to guess that I wouldn't need to go for the waiver..but still that is our best guess....I wish I could afford a lawyer, but I just cannot at this point...unless I get the job in question back in the states (or my old one back as Rete so affectionately puts it)
OK. I want to get back to Hyper's situation since that is obviously the only useful thing I've added to this thread.

She met her husband while in the US on an employment visa. She overstayed. When she later tried to return to visit she was turned back at the POE. She had no I-130 or K3 pending at the time (it was before they got married).

My point here is that it will probably blow up in your face if you try to get your wife in on anything other than the the K3 or an immigrant visa obtained through DCF.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Leslie66
OK. I want to get back to Hyper's situation since that is obviously the only useful thing I've added to this thread.

She met her husband while in the US on an employment visa. She overstayed. When she later tried to return to visit she was turned back at the POE. She had no I-130 or K3 pending at the time (it was before they got married).

My point here is that it will probably blow up in your face if you try to get your wife in on anything other than the the K3 or an immigrant visa obtained through DCF.
I am looking for that Hypertweeky thread, and even sent a pm over that way, but haven't found it...I am gonna keep looking.

Thanks for adding that!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am looking for that Hypertweeky thread, and even sent a pm over that way, but haven't found it...I am gonna keep looking.

Thanks for adding that!
gaaaa sorry it was just yesterday (at least some of the posts anyways)
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for adding that!

I don't even know if there is a one specific thread to be honest, so I wouldn't waste a whole lot of time searching. Basically, it's her story from many different threads she contributed to. She's a very sweet and helpful person, she'll tell you whatever you want to know.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't even know if there is a one specific thread to be honest, so I wouldn't waste a whole lot of time searching. Basically, it's her story from many different threads she contributed to. She's a very sweet and helpful person, she'll tell you whatever you want to know.

hmm beginning to notice that to well ill hunt through her posts and see what happens, thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:19 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Thanks for adding that!
I have a feeling she may have tried to enter on a visa waiver. With her overstay issues, she would probably have had better luck with a tourist visa...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:21 pm
WTF?

hmm beginning to notice that to well ill hunt through her posts and see what happens, thanks

That oughta keep you busy......lmao. She'll be on-line before too long...... PM her a link to this thread.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have a feeling she may have tried to enter on a visa waiver. With her overstay issues, she would probably have had better luck with a tourist visa...
probably would have been if they would have given it to her at all...well I am sure that she will chime in soon so we will get to hear her story directly if she does
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

That oughta keep you busy......lmao. She'll be on-line before too long...... PM her a link to this thread.
well i did a search with her s/n and overstay and i got 5 threads in total...still here and there but enough to extrapolate what is going on
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:04 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think about it then, I applied for a tourist visa after my denied entry and It was denied.. same thing happened with the student visa attempt
Infotec if you need anything else.. you know what to do
Leslie thanks for saying I am a sweet girl! aww That touched my heart!!, love ya!!
I had an overstay and a denied entry problem.. and still got my K3 visa, I am thankful for that!!