Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

Wikiposts

other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

Originally posted by Rete
Unfortunately that seems to be an ongoing state of affairs in your household regardless of which continent you reside on. Do hope that the future holds better things in store for you all.

You called the US Consulate in Edinberg and paid god knows how much per minute to do so and you didn't ask for particulars? Infotech, you have to learn to stop doing things half arsed. Write down everything you need to know and everything you have to ask and then do your research.

There are two ways and neither of them are expedient. Every day you procrasinate is another day lost.

I will now once again bow out of your trials and tribulations and leave you to the sympathic arms of Ranjini.

Rete

Hey it is unfortunate, but we are trying our best and won't stop for anyone.

Sorry, but actually the consulate called me after I e-mailed them about an unrelated issue so it didn't cost me anything. I did take notes but was so involved with the other issue that I lost the notes. Hey things happen.

I am not procrastinating at all, I don't know where you get that from. I am moving on matters as quick as possible.

Ok, talk to you later.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:59 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: other types of visas available for someone who has "abused" visa waiver

I will now once again bow out of your trials and tribulations and leave you to the sympathic arms of Ranjini.

Rete
I have a daughter older than this kid. It's usually the way I deal with my kids, I'm their Mum. The school of hard knocks kind of advice I have always left to their Dad...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Ranjini
I have a daughter older than this kid. It's usually the way I deal with my kids, I'm their Mum. The school of hard knocks kind of advice I have always left to their Dad...
lol and I have neither a mom or daddy except for cool (Ranjini)
and a bad example (Ray6)
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:09 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You have been advised of her and your options several times:

1. I-130 through the US Consulate in London

2. Iif you return without her, I-130 through the Texas Service Center (if you relocate in Florida) with an I-129F filed at the Chicago address on the form for an eventual K-3

There are the only two options available to your wife to return to the US to live.

<snip>
Infotec,

What's wrong with the K3 process? It's what the rest of us (most of which haven't abused the system in any way) had to do. The K3 was created specifically for people in your situation. Why are you so resistant to it?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Infotec,

What's wrong with the K3 process? It's what the rest of us (most of which haven't abused the system in any way) had to do. The K3 was created specifically for people in your situation. Why are you so resistant to it?

Replying only because it is not to Infotech

Leslie

The K-3 would mean that he would have to return to the US, file the I-130 at the SC, then with the NOA file the I129F in Chicago. Time lost if you ask me. He has right to remain in the UK. He is improvished but if he gets the US job and his earnings are adequate, there is absolutely no reason why he cannot file at the US Consulate in London, come back to the US, and wait for his wife's petition to be processed. Timeline for that is what about 3 months tops even with the summer holidays. And then if she needs the waiver of inadmissibility another 1 to 6 months while that is decided. If the waiver is required it will be required for the K-3 as well. And as well for a B-2 tourist visa.

Rete
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Leslie66
Infotec,

Leslie66

I think that filing with the US consulate in London is quicker based on what Rete said, that is why I don't want to bother with it. If you think it is better for some reason, hey please share it at all costs. Thank you for your post.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:28 am
Banned

Originally posted by infotec28
That might have very well been it Ranjini, I will look around and post the result (if any) The I-130 is not pending yet though. Two days ago I sent the DHS in London a recorded delivery asking them if in fact a waiver for overstay needed to be filed in this specific instance. I am probably going to wait on this and then send the I-130 over. I would bet that this would take ages for them to answer, but probably better off seeing they are going to say first, Thanks again.
How long did your wife overstay, Infotec. I seem to remember it was less than 180 days....
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

How long did your wife overstay, Infotec. I seem to remember it was less than 180 days....
ok...pulling out the letter that I sent the DHS in London....

(this is going to be related to my next post so brace yourself looool)

ok...from the day that the visa waiver expired (after 90 days)
144 days until we received a notice from the USCIS that her application for AOS was received.

That was on November 12, 2003. Their notice date was December 9th. That would be 171 days. (but i think overstay would be counted right up to the receipt date not the notice date)

question is....is overtay now counted right up to February 4th 2004 when we left the US for the UK, simply due to the fact that we wrote a letter to the USCIS in the US and had them cancel her AOS when we got over here?

I wrote the DHS in London and asked them 1) how they count overstay in this case 2) if she needs to file for a waiver of inadmissability...

Last edited by infotec28; Jul 2nd 2004 at 3:38 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:44 am
Banned

ok...pulling out the letter that I sent the DHS in London....

(this is going to be related to my next post so brace yourself looool)

ok...from the day that the visa waiver expired (after 90 days)
144 days until we received a notice from the USCIS that her application for AOS was received.

That was on November 12, 2003. Their notice date was December 9th. That would be 171 days. (but i think overstay would be counted right up to the receipt date not the notice date)

question is....is overtay now counted right up to February 4th 2004 when we left the US for the UK, simply due to the fact that we wrote a letter to the USCIS in the US and had them cancel her AOS when we got over here?

I wrote the DHS in London and asked them 1) how they count overstay in this case 2) if she needs to file for a waiver of inadmissability...
Here's a link I found for you:
http://murthy.com/news/ukvisann.html
drill down and read:
Arrival/Departure information system
"As a reminder, overstays of 180 days or more result in a three-year bar on reentry to the U.S. Overstays of a year or more result in a ten-year bar on reentry to the U.S. Overstays of fewer than 180 days, however, will be taken into account when the DOS issues visas at the consulates, when the CIS is adjudicating cases, and even at the Ports of Entry. Additionally, an overstay of as little as one day voids the existing visa, even if it is a 10-year, multiple entry visitor's visa."
Look, I'm going to butt out here. Rita knows more about this stuff than I do. I think she's refusing to reply because I'm on this thread, though I don't understand why
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I'm going to butt out here. Rita knows more about this stuff than I do. I think she's refusing to reply because I'm on this thread, though I don't understand why
More like she realise's spongetec is a real breathing waste of good space...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ray6
lol, wasting space...that's why there are so many views to the thread, stop trying to read peoples' mind for them....

BTW, how is that brick that you have been holding sideways in your a$$ the past few weeks?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Here's a link I found for you:
http://murthy.com/news/ukvisann.html
drill down and read:
Arrival/Departure information system
"As a reminder, overstays of 180 days or more result in a three-year bar on reentry to the U.S. Overstays of a year or more result in a ten-year bar on reentry to the U.S. Overstays of fewer than 180 days, however, will be taken into account when the DOS issues visas at the consulates, when the CIS is adjudicating cases, and even at the Ports of Entry. Additionally, an overstay of as little as one day voids the existing visa, even if it is a 10-year, multiple entry visitor's visa."
thanks for the link, this is great...cheers!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:55 am
Banned

Originally posted by ray6
That's her problem, Ray. It's obvious that I don't think so.. free country... free speech? Seems more like control issues running wild..
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's refusing to reply because I'm on this thread, though I don't understand why

Please do not do that, Ranjini.

Infotech needs a shoulder and a good source of information. If you notice there are few other posters willing to deal with his posts unlike when he was a frequent poster last year when he had a difficult time making up his mind what to do and how to milk the USCIS out of the fees for his wife's adjustment only to abort the entire process and buy plane tickets instead to live in the UK.

Rete
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:00 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie66

I think that filing with the US consulate in London is quicker based on what Rete said, that is why I don't want to bother with it. If you think it is better for some reason, hey please share it at all costs. Thank you for your post.
I don't think K3 is faster, of course DCF is always faster. I did/do think that if you "have" to come to the U.S. immediately in order to secure the job you have been offered, it is the only way.

If you stay in the UK trying to find faster/better ways to get your wife over it could be time wasted in a different way. You could be spending that time in the U.S. working and establishing yourself.

Even though the K3 does take more time it could be time well spent. I was separated from my husband for almost a year during the K3 process. I'm not saying it was fun but it was a very productive time for both of us and we both got a lot accomplished.

That's just my experience, of course you have to do what is best for you.

Last edited by Leslie; Jul 2nd 2004 at 4:10 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.