opinion re: aos interview

Old Oct 22nd 2001, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Jeremy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just looking to see what people here think; I already have my thoughts but...

How would an INS interviewer react to having me at the interview without my wedding ring? My wife has hers, but I lost mine playing ball with one of our kids in the park. We intend to get it replaced of course, and quite possibly prior to the interview but maybe not since the deductible on the insurance may be a problem with christmas coming and all.

We would have everything else as proof of the validity of our marriage, and I'm sure that our love will shine through during the interview (I'm sappy, I know but I just wanted to see what people thought.

Jeremy
Old Oct 22nd 2001, 11:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Geez I hope you aren't seriously worried about this. My husband never had a wedding ring. Refused to allow me to buy him one. And would not have won one if I had. Why? Because in computer assembly work you can't or shouldn't wear one. As proof, I bought him an engagement ring ;-) and he worn it a few times while working and the ring became bent when it caught in piece parts.

We were approved without his having a wedding ring.

Rita
Old Oct 22nd 2001, 11:53 pm
Michael Voight

Rete wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

I agree that you don't wear a gold ring when working in computer assembly or
electronics. Of course, that is when I take mine off.

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 2:19 am
M

Hi,

I think they are looking for paperwork, though you could certainly even go to kmart
or target and see what a plain band would cost. Or go to a pawn shop, or even a flea
market. I am not sure if they look at stuff like that at least they didn't make a
point of it in our interview. They even said pictures weren't important, but I
suppose all these things vary from officer to officer.

If it is going to cause any more stress than you are already going through, just do
something to make yourself not have this one worry, I am sure they want to see other
things like you said and be extra prepared and organized so you will be able to whip
out whatever they want and make copies in case they want them!!!! That was the
biggest thing in our interview, not to waste the officer's time wading through the
paperwork. It is really up to you, though I wouldn't want to worry about something
like that, and would probably go get a inexpensive stand-in wedding band.

>
    >

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 5:03 am
Sam McAdams

We were worried about this, since my husband never got a ring. A few days before the
interview, we bought him a $30 silver ring, and he wore that (more for his peace of
mind than anything else).

And yes, we were approved.

Sam M.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 11:56 am
Simon Jessey

<My husband never had a wedding ring. Refused to allow me to buy him one.>

I didn't want a wedding ring either. I always hated jewellery on men and I didn't
like the thought of wearing something all the time - I even take my watch off when
I'm settled somewhere!

But after 3½ years of waiting, first for my fiancé's divorce and no for a visa, I am
looking forward to wearing one. Not just as a symbol of my love for Deborah, but also
as a F*** Y** to all those people who stood in our way.

Incidentally, I like those rings with bands of platinum - they look "masculine
enough" for me to consider them LOL.

Simon, UK http://members.aol.com/scjessey/

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 2:47 pm
Daisy

I really don't think that's gonna be a problem! You're worrying too much, relax,
everything will be fine!! And Good Luck!!

Daisy

>
    >
    >
without
    >
one
    >
    >
deductible
    >
    >
    >
marriage,
    >
(I'm
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 3:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it Simon !!!!

Remember a ring on the finger is better than a ring through your nose ;-)

Rita

PS The engagement ring I bought Jim is gold with a black onyx and a diamond in the corner. We exchanged rings the night we officially got engaged. Mine, like his, is sitting in a box because I don't like jewelry either although I do wear my wedding ring everyday. That is why it is tanamount that I chose the ring rather than Jim because it had to be one that I would be comfortable wearing for the rest of my life. Love ya Jim ... but your taste in jewelry is a bit garish ;-0