Open a businness in USA

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 9:18 pm
Valentino Visentini

Hi,

I would like to move in USA in the next few years. I'm really not into US immigration laws
but I know that it's very hard to get a permanent visa. Somebody knows, step by step,
which is the way to run to open a business in US and wich rules you have to abide by? Is
it (have your own business) the only way to get a permanent Visa? I know about Green Card
lotery, marriages, special skills visas.....

Help me please!

Vale

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 1:52 am
Ed MacNeil

Hi,

THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER. I DON'T EVEN PLAY
ONE ON TV!

As a first step why don't you go to the State Department's travel page,
<http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html> and explore the many ways a person can come
to the United States either as an immigrant or a non-immigrant. If you still have
questions, I'm sure you will get answers at this NG.

Ed MacNeil Ancient Aviator North Hampton, NH, USA

Valentino Visentini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to move in USA in the next few years. I'm really not into US immigration
> laws but I know that it's very hard to get a permanent visa. Somebody knows, step by
> step, which is the way to run to open a business in US and wich rules you have to abide
> by? Is it (have your own business) the only way to get a permanent Visa? I know about
> Green Card lotery, marriages, special skills visas.....
>
> Help me please!
>
> Vale