Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

one last Vancouver interview question

one last Vancouver interview question

Old Apr 15th 2001, 2:37 pm
Jeremy

hi all,

This should be (I hope!!) my last question regarding my interview on Tuesday in
Vancouver for the fiance visa. I'm gonna be landing in Vancouver at 945 am Tuesday
with my interview scheduled for 2pm. I'm just wondering how early should I get to the
consulate? I'll probably be settled etc by 11:30 at the latest I'd think and without
really anything else to do, so I'm just wondering how early they'd let me in?

thanks

Old Apr 15th 2001, 3:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you appointment is for 2 p.m. why would you get there at 11:30 a.m.? They close for lunch hour you know. Ooops perhaps you didn't know that. I would not get there before 1:30 myself.

Old Apr 15th 2001, 11:55 pm
cmagill

Vancouver has no big line ups and only a few K1's each day . Somewhere between on
1:30 and 2 is fine. Vancouver is having a public transit strike so YOu should get
downtown as soon as you can though.

Jill

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Old Apr 16th 2001, 5:26 am
alicorn

everyone going for their interview in vancouver is at 2pm..not many go there so it
wont take much time at all...i was really scared..but it was a breeze
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 16th 2001, 11:50 am
Jeremy

Yeah I know... but I'm staying at the Y downtown which is only about 5 blocks
away. Thanks

cmagill wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > hi all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > This should be (I hope!!) my last question regarding my interview on Tuesday in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Vancouver for the fiance visa. I'm gonna be landing in Vancouver at 945 am[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Tuesday with my interview scheduled for 2pm. I'm just wondering how early should[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I get to the consulate? I'll probably be settled etc by 11:30 at the latest I'd[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > think and without really anything else to do, so I'm just wondering how early[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > they'd let me in?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thanks[/usenetquote2]
    >

>

Old Apr 16th 2001, 11:52 am
Jeremy

Yep, and I'm gonna have to chug along this huge envelope with my x-rays in it lol.
I'm getting kinda nervous, even though I know there's no reason to be. We have all
the paperwork, and we have a co-sponsor on the affidavit (who make over $60k, so I
really can't see that being a problem.) I think it's just my worrywart nature lol.

alicorn wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > hi all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > This should be (I hope!!) my last question regarding my interview on Tuesday in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Vancouver for the fiance visa. I'm gonna be landing in Vancouver at 945 am[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Tuesday with my interview scheduled for 2pm. I'm just wondering how early should[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I get to the consulate? I'll probably be settled etc by 11:30 at the latest I'd[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > think and without really anything else to do, so I'm just wondering how early[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > they'd let me in?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thanks[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 16th 2001, 11:53 am
Jeremy

Thanks Rita. Why would I get there so early? I'm anal lol and a worrier.

Rete wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 16th 2001, 7:44 pm
Evan and Sheila

That thing was a pain to bring on the plane.. then they didn't even look at it and
didn't seem to care that one girl didn't even have it with her. I got the impression
that you don't need to have the chest x-ray with you (just the packet) but I *won't*
suggest that you don't take it.. cuz who knows..

Cheers, Evan

>
it
    >
have
    >
over
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > everyone going for their interview in vancouver is at 2pm..not many go[/usenetquote2]
there
[usenetquote2]> > so it wont take much time at all...i was really scared..but it was a[/usenetquote2]
breeze
[usenetquote2]> > they are really nice did you get your medical done already?[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > hi all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > This should be (I hope!!) my last question regarding my interview on Tuesday in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Vancouver for the fiance visa. I'm gonna be landing in Vancouver at 945 am[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Tuesday with my interview scheduled for 2pm. I'm just wondering how early[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > should I get to the consulate? I'll probably be settled etc by 11:30 at the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > latest I'd think and without really anything else to do, so I'm just wondering[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > how early they'd let me in?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > thanks[/usenetquote2]