Wikiposts

OMG - interview hell

Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG - interview hell

Originally Posted by mrsvic
obviously not!!
just their luck, i think thats what made my son so nervous, as he thought they would be interviewed together, as none of us had even heard of 'stokes' interview till yesterday!
Neither did we, until my OH and I showed up for our AOS interview. He entered on a K1, and when we attended the AOS interview we were separated, which really freaked me out since I was under the impression that was only for those suspected of fraud. But we weren't asked any intrusive questions, just normal ones (i.e. when did we get married, where, how many guests, where do we live now, etc). We passed just fine, even though we had only been married about 7.5months before the AOS interview (though we did have the long history prior to the marriage taking place).

I'm sorry your son and DIL are going through this, but you really need to do the research and hire someone that can prepare the necessary paperwork they need to prove their marriage is bonafide. Your problem is not one normally seen on this forum, and is likely beyond the layman's knowledge most of us have, so getting an attorney is probably crucial.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Neither did we, until my OH and I showed up for our AOS interview. He entered on a K1, and when we attended the AOS interview we were separated, which really freaked me out since I was under the impression that was only for those suspected of fraud. But we weren't asked any intrusive questions, just normal ones (i.e. when did we get married, where, how many guests, where do we live now, etc). We passed just fine, even though we had only been married about 7.5months before the AOS interview (though we did have the long history prior to the marriage taking place).

I'm sorry your son and DIL are going through this, but you really need to do the research and hire someone that can prepare the necessary paperwork they need to prove their marriage is bonafide. Your problem is not one normally seen on this forum, and is likely beyond the layman's knowledge most of us have, so getting an attorney is probably crucial.
Glad yours went well, and yes, they will be doing just that

Thanks,
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Glad yours went well, and yes, they will be doing just that

Thanks,
Observation: It was your son and your daughter in law who went to be interviewed by the Dark Forces. I assume they were the ones who spoke to the attorney -- so your knowledge is actually second hand and it is third hand to us here. That can create confusion in and of it self. I know that I was puzzled by things while to Rete it seemed clear.

If handled right, I think this will probably work out for the best -- most people get nailed when the AmCit petitioner bails out. She told CIS to go ...

No advice intended nor given.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Observation: It was your son and your daughter in law who went to be interviewed by the Dark Forces. I assume they were the ones who spoke to the attorney -- so your knowledge is actually second hand and it is third hand to us here. That can create confusion in and of it self. I know that I was puzzled by things while to Rete it seemed clear.

If handled right, I think this will probably work out for the best -- most people get nailed when the AmCit petitioner bails out. She told CIS to go ...

No advice intended nor given.
Sorry, for any confusion..
and thanks for words of support, BUT, now you have really confused me! with this!!
most people get nailed when the AmCit petitioner bails out. She told CIS to go ...

Oh, now i see what you mean!!! LOL im catching on
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, for any confusion..
and thanks for words of support, BUT, now you have really confused me! with this!!
most people get nailed when the AmCit petitioner bails out. She told CIS to go ...

Oh, now i see what you mean!!! LOL im catching on
Story -- maybe even true. An old classmate was a consular officer in the 1970's. He is quite a raconteur so I will not vouch for its authenticity: while serving in London, he denied a marriage visa for this drop-dead handsome young Iranian. From his description, all I will say about the AmCit wife is that she was nowhere close to Playmate material. He was absolutely convinced that drop-dead handsome was in it for only the green card. [Somewhat like Manucher Rabie -- note, I think the material in the link may be a borderline infringement on a copyright. The case itself is not copyrighted -- but the Lexis format may very well be].

AmCit wife complained vociferously. My friend was told in no uncertain terms that it was the AmCit's desires that controlled -- if she wanted to live with the jerk, that was her call.

As for Manucher, I think he was an idiot. A true gentleman never tells anyone else the details about other women he may have shared a bed with. He had it coming.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Story -- maybe even true. An old classmate was a consular officer in the 1970's. He is quite a raconteur so I will not vouch for its authenticity: while serving in London, he denied a marriage visa for this drop-dead handsome young Iranian. From his description, all I will say about the AmCit wife is that she was nowhere close to Playmate material. He was absolutely convinced that drop-dead handsome was in it for only the green card. [Somewhat like Manucher Rabie -- note, I think the material in the link may be a borderline infringement on a copyright. The case itself is not copyrighted -- but the Lexis format may very well be].

AmCit wife complained vociferously. My friend was told in no uncertain terms that it was the AmCit's desires that controlled -- if she wanted to live with the jerk, that was her call.

As for Manucher, I think he was an idiot. A true gentleman never tells anyone else the details about other women he may have shared a bed with. He had it coming.
made me laugh, how you described the people in the first story..

and both guys Iranian...
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:43 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Did they submit the adjustment paperwork before or after the 90 day VWP period expired?

I'm kind of late to this thread, so excuse me if this information is buried somewhere.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
Did they submit the adjustment paperwork before or after the 90 day VWP period expired?

I'm kind of late to this thread, so excuse me if this information is buried somewhere.
Hi
They submitted before the 90 days
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

Update for you..

They sent off information requested, and some further bits..

and case update for his AOS, displays that on April 21st, they have ordered production of his new card

The I-130 still displays pending though, is this an issue or is the fact they ordered his GC sufficient...

Thanks again guys for previous input
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Update for you..

They sent off information requested, and some further bits..

and case update for his AOS, displays that on April 21st, they have ordered production of his new card

The I-130 still displays pending though, is this an issue or is the fact they ordered his GC sufficient...

Thanks again guys for previous input
Congratulations!

The I-130 might forever show "pending". The I-485 has been approved, and that's what made the GC production. USCIS does not always update every form approval. Just ask Ian. LOL

Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations!

The I-130 might forever show "pending". The I-485 has been approved, and that's what made the GC production. USCIS does not always update every form approval. Just ask Ian. LOL

Rene
Hi Rene

Thanks so much, such a load of our minds..

So the fact they have approved the GC, means the 1-130 has been approved
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene

Thanks so much, such a load of our minds..

So the fact they have approved the GC, means the 1-130 has been approved
Yes.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes.
Thanks again