Wikiposts

OMG - interview hell

Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG - interview hell

It depends completely on the reason for the denial; IMO you're a lot better off figuring out what can be done to salvage *this* situation vs speculating about the future.

I really think you need someone with experience to look over the entire situation and advise you; I just gave you a glimpse of how it could look to outside eyes who *are* looking for the worst (instead of it being my actual opinion.. I have no idea about them other than what you have posted).l
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mv,

I found this pretty quickly.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=17

Item #1 is qualitative, not quantitative, but a little more time spent searching might turn up a post that's more specific.

I agree with meauxna that it would be a good idea to have an immigration attorney review the whole situation.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by mrsvic
Can you or someone advise if the outcome is a denial, what happens after that?

I have searched and cant find anything if your AOS denied whilst done on VWP.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Mar 15th 2010 at 7:35 am.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I suspect that the officer intends to approve your son, once they submit those documents plus further evidence of their joint life together.

This is only my own opinion, but I would send in the original I-94W and keep a photocopy for myself.

Once the green card is obtained, there is no more use for the I-94W.

Just in case the green card is NOT obtained, and he needs to leave the USA, he can show the photocopy of the I-94W plus a copy of the RFE showing he needed to submit the original to the officer.

Don't take my word on it, though, I'm just saying what I would do.

Rene
Thanks Rene

I hopr ur right,
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
It depends completely on the reason for the denial; IMO you're a lot better off figuring out what can be done to salvage *this* situation vs speculating about the future.

I really think you need someone with experience to look over the entire situation and advise you; I just gave you a glimpse of how it could look to outside eyes who *are* looking for the worst (instead of it being my actual opinion.. I have no idea about them other than what you have posted).l
I know, just me being worried and thinking what will happen if the worst case scenario happens
They are going to get everthing together and do as you suggest speak with someone with experience in these matters
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
mv,

I found this pretty quickly.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=17

Item #1 is qualitative, not quantitative, but a little more time spent searching might turn up a post that's more specific.

I agree with meauxna that it would be a good idea to have an immigration attorney review the whole situation.

Regards, JEff

Jeff

thanks for taking time to do that, i have read entire thread , whilst interesting reading, nothin as you say specific to this case.
I'm still endeavoring with my search efforts
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I know, just me being worried and thinking what will happen if the worst case scenario happens
They are going to get everthing together and do as you suggest speak with someone with experience in these matters
Please notice the part where your entire family history should be reviewed... YOUR situation could be material.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:01 am

Jeff

thanks for taking time to do that, i have read entire thread , whilst interesting reading, nothin as you say specific to this case.
omg, there is everything specific to your son's case in there.

One outcome of a denied AOS can be removal (deportation). As I posted before, it depends on the reason for the denial.
If they find that this is a fraudulent marriage solely for the immigration benefit, it won't do him a lot of good to apply for a visa; the underlying situation is still there.
That's not the only outcome, but it's one.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
omg, there is everything specific to your son's case in there.

One outcome of a denied AOS can be removal (deportation). As I posted before, it depends on the reason for the denial.
If they find that this is a fraudulent marriage solely for the immigration benefit, it won't do him a lot of good to apply for a visa; the underlying situation is still there.
That's not the only outcome, but it's one.
Well, i know im very upset today, and i dont think im that stupid, but i guess i must be, as still cant anything there that mentions removal.
Think i need to have cup of tea, since 9:30 this morning, not done anything still in PJ's and had only one cuppa
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just make a small comment about Noorah's point about bank accounts, without SSN.

Not to pick the remark apart, and whilst it is feasible to have a bank account with SSN - in fact I am proof, as I/ we have two at present ( and right now I dont have a SSN) and also have had one in the past - using B of A, Wamu as was (Chase) and also Wells Fargo, I have to say, it is very hard.

The average branch does not know how to process on their system, more often than not, they will request a TIN if you don't have a SSN. If you have neither, its even more difficult. I pushed this into senior levels at all of the above banks, and in the end, it was done, but as a word of caution, it is very difficult. Additionally, without going into the details, I subsequently had two accounts cancelled (after they were up and running and open) as a result of NOT having a SSN or TIN. After huff fuss and bother, I had one reinstated, and the other one remained cancelled.

The Patriot Act forces banks to discourage at all opportunities not to accept what they perceive rightly or wrongly, non US residents.

So whilst Noorah is right, I can only stress the immerse difficulty involved.

All of the accounts mentioned btw were joint accounts (USC as spouse)
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

My search took less than a minute, including the time to look a 2-3 posts and pick one that should indicate to you that this may be a very serious matter.

What's not specific is what the very serious consequences might be, but as meauxna points out the thread is very specific you your son's case.

You know the topic, you know the poster, search for the associated posts.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:36 am

Unlike Gb's experience, I had no trouble at all adding my wife as a joint holder of my checking account. Post Patriot Act. No ITIN and she was still living in her country waiting for my petition to be processed.

The bank - credit union, actually - told me that as long as they had 1 person's SSN that was all they needed.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Can I just make a small comment about Noorah's point about bank accounts, without SSN.

Not to pick the remark apart, and whilst it is feasible to have a bank account with SSN - in fact I am proof, as I/ we have two at present ( and right now I dont have a SSN) and also have had one in the past - using B of A, Wamu as was (Chase) and also Wells Fargo, I have to say, it is very hard.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:46 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

My wife and I printed emails we sent each other before we moved to the US also we lived together in UK so we took documents from that house, bills etc.
We took a whole briefcase of stuff, the officer saw how prepared I was and said he didn't need to see any of it.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikehope
My wife and I printed emails we sent each other before we moved to the US also we lived together in UK so we took documents from that house, bills etc.
We took a whole briefcase of stuff, the officer saw how prepared I was and said he didn't need to see any of it.
glad yours ended well
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Unlike Gb's experience, I had no trouble at all adding my wife as a joint holder of my checking account. Post Patriot Act. No ITIN and she was still living in her country waiting for my petition to be processed.

The bank - credit union, actually - told me that as long as they had 1 person's SSN that was all they needed.

Regards, JEff
Probably friendlier at your bank too Jeff.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Probably friendlier at your bank too Jeff.
I didn't have any problem adding Sadegh to my existing account and then also opening one for him as soon as he arrived on his K-1 visa...no SSN yet. That was at Wells Fargo back in 2004. Maybe they've tightened up requirements now, I don't know. They asked about his SSN, but we said he hasn't gotten it yet, they said OK no problem, just let us know when he gets it.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.