Wikiposts

Oath Ceremony, Indianapolis -

Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of
Default Oath Ceremony, Indianapolis -

I cannot BELIEVE that we are DONE!

Philip's Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 10:00 a.m. today in Indianapolis. As I mentioned before, a special outdoor ceremony was held on the lawn of Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President of the United States.

We were scheduled to arrive at 8:30. We got there about an hour early to avoid traffic into the city and to score a good, safe parking space for our new vehicle!

We sat in the truck for about a half hour and played "spot the soon-to-be citizen." We walked up at 8:00 and registration began shortly after.

There were 103 people scheduled to take the Oath today, but it only happened for 97. I think there were a few no-shows and a few who were turned away.

39 countries were represented.

Once all of the Citizens-To-Be were registered and seated, we waited for the ceremony to begin.

A surprise guest arrived, Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels!

The ceremony began and it was so moving. The residing Judge was tremendous! It lasted just over two hours and included an introduction of all the attendees who were asked to announce their country of origin. They were then presented with a desk-style flag/stand and a handshake by the young children in the audience.

They took the Oath and were welcomed by the Governor and other political representatives as well as the head of the Indiana and Indianapolis Bar Associations, who gifted them with booklets about the laws of our Nation and applications for voter registration.

The oldest person taking the Oath, a septuagenarian from Somalia, was honored with a flag that had flown over the Capital. The youngest celebrant, and 18 year old from China, led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.

The Governor and Judge then called each person forward and presented their certificates for Naturalization. They took the time to pose for photos. The Judge gave everyone a box of sparklers with which to celebrate their first Independence Day.

There were representatives from the Social Security Administration to pass out applications for necessary changes. The USPS was also on-site to complete passport applications and take passport-style photos. We took advantage of this!

The Boy Scouts of America and Daughters of the American Revolution offered plenty of bottles of water, lemonade and cookies.

Philip thought that I'd be the only person with him today, but he was surprised to see my parents arrive with a long-time family friend and 3 of our close friends. We had a fun pub lunch afterwards.

I'm sad to report that I did see people nodding off and many who had tightly closed mouths during the Oath.

I don't know if we would have made it without the knowledge, support and encouragement from the people here! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jen
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oath Ceremony, Indianapolis -

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 30th 2006, 4:12 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPPEEEEEEEEE!!! Congrats
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeninifer
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What a truly moving ceremony. Wish everyone's ceremony could be so filled with pomp and circumstance.

Congratulations, Phillip.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future

Congratulations..
Old Jul 1st 2006, 7:52 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeninifer

Philip's Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 10:00 a.m. today in Indianapolis. As I mentioned before, a special outdoor ceremony was held on the lawn of Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President of the United States.

We were scheduled to arrive at 8:30. We got there about an hour early to avoid traffic into the city and to score a good, safe parking space for our new vehicle!

We sat in the truck for about a half hour and played "spot the soon-to-be citizen." We walked up at 8:00 and registration began shortly after.

There were 103 people scheduled to take the Oath today, but it only happened for 97. I think there were a few no-shows and a few who were turned away.

39 countries were represented.

Once all of the Citizens-To-Be were registered and seated, we waited for the ceremony to begin.

A surprise guest arrived, Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels!

The ceremony began and it was so moving. The residing Judge was tremendous! It lasted just over two hours and included an introduction of all the attendees who were asked to announce their country of origin. They were then presented with a desk-style flag/stand and a handshake by the young children in the audience.

They took the Oath and were welcomed by the Governor and other political representatives as well as the head of the Indiana and Indianapolis Bar Associations, who gifted them with booklets about the laws of our Nation and applications for voter registration.

The oldest person taking the Oath, a septuagenarian from Somalia, was honored with a flag that had flown over the Capital. The youngest celebrant, and 18 year old from China, led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.

The Governor and Judge then called each person forward and presented their certificates for Naturalization. They took the time to pose for photos. The Judge gave everyone a box of sparklers with which to celebrate their first Independence Day.

There were representatives from the Social Security Administration to pass out applications for necessary changes. The USPS was also on-site to complete passport applications and take passport-style photos. We took advantage of this!

The Boy Scouts of America and Daughters of the American Revolution offered plenty of bottles of water, lemonade and cookies.

Philip thought that I'd be the only person with him today, but he was surprised to see my parents arrive with a long-time family friend and 3 of our close friends. We had a fun pub lunch afterwards.

I'm sad to report that I did see people nodding off and many who had tightly closed mouths during the Oath.

I don't know if we would have made it without the knowledge, support and encouragement from the people here! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jen

CONGRTULATIONS!!!