Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Oath Ceremony - and I'm U.S. Citizen now...

Oath Ceremony - and I'm U.S. Citizen now...

Old Jun 30th 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future
Talking Oath Ceremony - and I'm U.S. Citizen now...

Hi all,
Well, so it finally happened - I had my oath ceremony today at King's Concert Hall in Denver. About 160 people from over 50 countries were naturalized.
And here's how it went:
My letter said to arrive at 12PM, I was there at 11:30 and soon was checked in - there were 2 tables, one to check in people with the last 3 digits of alien # below 499, and another for people with the A# > 500. The wait was quite long but it went fast. We were seated in the concert hall, with a warning to stay at our assigned seats because the certificates were put in order to match the seats. The ceremony was scheduled to start at 1:00PM, but since people were checked in quickly, we started as soon as immigration judge arrived (still just a little before 1). After a short speech the judge gave about the rights and responsibilities of the new citizens the lady officer started to call the names of the countries, and each member of the called country was to stand up. Then we said the oath (and I tried so hard not to smile because my husband and my friend Mary were prancing around trying to take pictures, and that was a funny sight...) and the oath to the flag. After that, row by row, we were called up to the stage to receive naturalization certificate. I was in the first row, went up the stage, got my certificate, took a picture with the judge and that's it...
Best of luck to all still going through the immigration process!

Last edited by Waterpony; Jun 30th 2006 at 9:07 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 8:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oath Ceremony - and I'm U.S. Citizen now...

Originally Posted by Waterpony
Hi all,
Well, so it finally happened - I had my oath ceremony today at King's Concert Hall in Denver. About 160 people from over 50 countries were naturalized.
And here's how it went:
My letter said to arrive at 12PM, I was there at 11:30 and soon was checked in - there were 2 tables, one to check in people with the last 3 digits of alien # below 499, and another for people with the A# > 500. The wait was quite long but it went fast. We were seated in the concert hall, with a warning to stay at our assigned seats because teh certificated were ordered to match the seats. The ceremony was scheduled to start at 1:00PM, but since people were checked in quickly, we started as soon as immigration judge arrived (still just a little before 1). After a short speech the judge gave about the rights and responsibilities of the new citizens the lady officer started to call the names of the countries, and each member of the called country was to stand up. Then we said the oath (and I tried so hard not to smile because my husband and my friend Mary were prancing around trying to take pictures, and that was a funny sight...) and the oath to the flag. After that, row by row, we were called up to the stage to receive naturalization certificate. I was in the first row, went up the stage, got my certificate, took a picture with the judge and that's it...
Congratulations!!

Rene
Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:38 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations waterpony! At last the end of the immigration line!!! I can't wait for my turn!!

Best wishes.

Maggie

Hi all,
And here's how it went:
My letter said to arrive at 12PM, I was there at 11:30 and soon was checked in - there were 2 tables, one to check in people with the last 3 digits of alien # below 499, and another for people with the A# > 500. The wait was quite long but it went fast. We were seated in the concert hall, with a warning to stay at our assigned seats because the certificates were put in order to match the seats. The ceremony was scheduled to start at 1:00PM, but since people were checked in quickly, we started as soon as immigration judge arrived (still just a little before 1). After a short speech the judge gave about the rights and responsibilities of the new citizens the lady officer started to call the names of the countries, and each member of the called country was to stand up. Then we said the oath (and I tried so hard not to smile because my husband and my friend Mary were prancing around trying to take pictures, and that was a funny sight...) and the oath to the flag. After that, row by row, we were called up to the stage to receive naturalization certificate. I was in the first row, went up the stage, got my certificate, took a picture with the judge and that's it...
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:07 pm
Kat

Congratulations to you an best wishes for you an your family :)
Noorah101 wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > Well, so it finally happened - I had my oath ceremony today at King's
    > > Concert Hall in Denver. About 160 people from over 50 countries were
    > > naturalized.
    > > And here's how it went:
    > > My letter said to arrive at 12PM, I was there at 11:30 and soon was
    > > checked in - there were 2 tables, one to check in people with the last
    > > 3 digits of alien # below 499, and another for people with the A# >
    > > 500. The wait was quite long but it went fast. We were seated in the
    > > concert hall, with a warning to stay at our assigned seats because teh
    > > certificated were ordered to match the seats. The ceremony was
    > > scheduled to start at 1:00PM, but since people were checked in
    > > quickly, we started as soon as immigration judge arrived (still just a
    > > little before 1). After a short speech the judge gave about the rights
    > > and responsibilities of the new citizens the lady officer started to
    > > call the names of the countries, and each member of the called country
    > > was to stand up. Then we said the oath (and I tried so hard not to
    > > smile because my husband and my friend Mary were prancing around
    > > trying to take pictures, and that was a funny sight...:)) and the oath
    > > to the flag. After that, row by row, we were called up to the stage to
    > > receive naturalization certificate. I was in the first row, went up
    > > the stage, got my certificate, took a picture with the judge and
    > > that's it...:D
    > > Best of luck to all still going through the immigration process!
    > Congratulations!! :D
    >
    > Rene
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I had my oath ceremony today at King's Concert Hall in Denver.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Waterpony,

Thats super great news!!!
Congratulations!!!
God Bless us all, and good luck to all of us!!!
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

WTG WP ... you've crossed the finish line. What are you doing tonight to celebrate? Something fun and special I hope. Just think your first 4th of July as a Yank is in 4 days. Enjoy.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:12 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Oath Ceremony - and I'm U.S. Citizen now...

Hi all,
And here's how it went:
Congratulations and a special Happy Fourth of July to you! Like you, I'll be celebrating my first Fourth as an American citizen!
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:33 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
And here's how it went:
Hi:

Do NOT forget to register to VOTE. And make damn sure you do.

Congratulations.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Hi all,
And here's how it went:
Congrats and best wishes to you.

I KNOW how important this is.

)
Old Jul 1st 2006, 4:49 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Congratulations!
Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
And here's how it went:
Well done
Frank R.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Oath Ceremony - and I'm U.S. Citizen now...

Hi all,
And here's how it went:
CONGRATS!! Enjoy your new status!
Old Jul 1st 2006, 3:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!

And thanks for the great report.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future

Thanks so much y'all...
We celebrated at the local Fox and Hound restaurant with our friends...the owner even put some free food up for the occasion. I was deeply touched when one of my colleagues gave me a book with a dedication saying "Welcome home" .....this felt so right
Rete, I love the sound of being reffered to as a "Yank"..he he, thanks...
Oh, and Mr. F, rest assured that my Voter's registration app is in the mail...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.