Oath Ceremony

Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:33 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oath Ceremony

YAY! I just got my letter inviting me to my oath ceremony.
I am supposed to be there at 9.30 am on the October 18th. I work that day, but not till 4pm.
How long does the whole ceremony last?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oath Ceremony

Originally Posted by ania
I am supposed to be there at 9.30 am on the October 18th. I work that day, but not till 4pm.

First off, congratulations.

The ceremony in Manhattan is the smallest time portion of the event. The longest part is lining up, the questioning, checking the certificate, returning your green card and only after everyone has been processed will the ceremony begin. For us it was over by 12 p.m. with a 7:30 lineup.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:17 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats! My oath ceremony in 2000 was, I think, scheduled for 10 am. Memory's a bit hazy now. We were out in time for lunch.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:17 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I am very excited. I cannot wait to get my American passport! and be able to vote next year!!!!

It sounds like I should be done with the ceremony by the time I need to go back to work.

Besides my green card, ID, do I need to bring any other documents?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! I am very excited. I cannot wait to get my American passport! and be able to vote next year!!!!

It sounds like I should be done with the ceremony by the time I need to go back to work.

Besides my green card, ID, do I need to bring any other documents?
If you have an A/P bring that. Or if you have traveled outside of the US since the interview, bring proof of the length of the trip.

Other than that I can't think of anything else you need to show them.