Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

O1 Visa Awards Category - being awarded a grant or fund covers this base

O1 Visa Awards Category - being awarded a grant or fund covers this base

Old Sep 19th 2021, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default O1 Visa Awards Category - being awarded a grant or funds covers this base

Hi all,

This might help someone in the future who is struggling to meet 3 (or more) of the criteria for an O1.

One of the sections reads : Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field.

Our third attorney, who appears to be extremely clued up on O visas told us and he regularly covers this base with stating that if the applicant can show proof of being awarded or having raised 'substantial' funds/grant in relation to a business venture that has has been tied up with the visa beneficiary's line of speciality, this will satisfy USICS.

There was apparently a short paragraph pertaining to this in the USICS 'Understanding O1-A requirements' back during the Obama administration era but it has since been taken down but is still 100% acceptable.

I was lucky, i had raised $1.5M for funding many years ago but only this week, the attorney told us they pushed someone through with this category with $330k.

I meant to post this info a while ago but forgot..........................

Hope it helps someone in the future. I have the screen shot in a book that our attorney published a few years ago.

Mic

Last edited by Mic1; Sep 19th 2021 at 2:01 pm. Reason: Title typo