O1 visa approval

Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O1 visa approval

Originally Posted by caleyjag
Well, that's me off to catch my flight to Belfast. I am absolutely shitting it. So much time and effort has gone in to get to this stage. I have triple-checked and quadruple-checked everything, but I can't shake that niggly feeling I have forgotten something.

That feeling is usually pretty spot on, in my experience.

Fingers crossed!
Good luck Looking forward to reading about your sucessful interview soon
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:24 am
Just Joined

boatleys is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband got an O1 visa in February having been refused an E2. We were already in the US with a visa waiver. We travelled back for the interview but it was a mere formality very different from the E2 interview we had in December. I think if you get an interview as long as you are not an idiot and say something ridiculous you are in. Your intention still has to be that you will return to the UK. Having said that it is supposed to be relatively easy to get a green card. We have just spoken to the lawyer about applying later this year.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Phew. Shortest visa interview I've ever had!

Me: Hi

Man: Your papers are all in order. We'll stamp your passport and mail it out to you in one or two days.

Me: Yay!

So I now have that good-yet-peculiar post-consulate feeling of being slightly miffed that I had an entire briefcase of meticulously prepared support material, which took weeks to get together, and nobody looked at any of it.

Anyway, yeah. Looks like it's summer in Malibu for me!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous news
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, caleyjag!
Not that there was a doubt. All those meticulously prepared materials you know.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 10:12 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations mate!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

CherylH is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, caleyjag! We had a v similar experience in Dublin. We turned up, submitted our paperwork for OH's extraordinary 0-1 visa, had our fingerprints taken, sat nervously waiting for the *big* interview and left 5 minutes later after the surprisingly smiley guy behind the glass window said, 'That's all in order - your passports will be with you in a few days'. Phew. However, that was a week and a half ago and, guess what, no passports.

Is there any way of tracking them? Embassy website and 'customer service' line both unhelpful. We've left voicemails and emailed them but no response. Just wondering how we'd know if they'd been lost in the post for example?

Anyone had similar experience? I'm sure we just need to be patient and they'll turn up but would be good to know we're not just sitting here waiting while they're stuck in some outpost postal depot in deepest Ireland...
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CherylH
Congrats, caleyjag! We had a v similar experience in Dublin. We turned up, submitted our paperwork for OH's extraordinary 0-1 visa, had our fingerprints taken, sat nervously waiting for the *big* interview and left 5 minutes later after the surprisingly smiley guy behind the glass window said, 'That's all in order - your passports will be with you in a few days'. Phew. However, that was a week and a half ago and, guess what, no passports.

Is there any way of tracking them? Embassy website and 'customer service' line both unhelpful. We've left voicemails and emailed them but no response. Just wondering how we'd know if they'd been lost in the post for example?

Anyone had similar experience? I'm sure we just need to be patient and they'll turn up but would be good to know we're not just sitting here waiting while they're stuck in some outpost postal depot in deepest Ireland...
Yeah, I have begun that wait myself.

I believe they say they can take up to two weeks to process the passports. I had to give them a Royal Mail special delivery envelop. This has a tracking number. Currently when I enter it, nothing comes up, suggesting the passport has not been posted yet.

Fortunately, I knew this would be a potential problem and so persuaded my company to buy a refundable flight, and I'm already on their books, so I'm not sweating it too much!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Passport arrived today, complete with O1 stamp.

It is a truly beautiful sight.

So that was 1 week to get the appointment, and 2 days to get the passport processed. Belfast is the way forward!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

CherylH is an unknown quantity at this point

So that was 1 week to get the appointment, and 2 days to get the passport processed. Belfast is the way forward!
Wow that is quick. We're still waiting. It'll be two weeks on Thursday since we were approved at the interview. Does anyone know if that's normal procedure...? When do we start to panic?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

nickkellie will become famous soon enoughnickkellie will become famous soon enough

congratulations caleyjag!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Made it through POE 2 hours ago. The six month O-1 rollercoaster ride is now finally over.

Now for a week of relaxing in sunny Seattle. It's gorgeous today. Beer garden calls!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Made it through POE 2 hours ago. The six month O-1 rollercoaster ride is now finally over.

Now for a week of relaxing in sunny Seattle. It's gorgeous today. Beer garden calls!
Fantastic!!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo, welcome back, caleyjag!
A lovely day in the PNW, you must have brought it with!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.